is part of the , would you like to purchase ?
If yes, the following will be added to your cart:
Total savings for purchasing as a bundle:
Registration will be Monday from 7:30 a.m.– 8:00 a.m. with class starting at 8:00 a.m. continuing until 4:30 p.m. Class will conclude at noon on Friday.
The objective of week one is to lay the foundation for understanding the basics of business finance. Participants will learn the nine governing principles that dictate how financial information is tracked, monitored and displayed on financial statements. They will develop a solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and discover how management accounting techniques are used in daily business operations.
I. Accounting Basics
- Discover the nine governing principles
- Analyze Cash vs. Accrual Accounting
- Derive a set of financial statements
- Examine basic financial statement construction
- Compare LIFO/FIFO inventory methods
II. Review Price/Cost/Volume Analysis
- Identify different cost structures
- Analyze the difference between the accounting and cost income statement formats
- Explore interrelationship between price/cost/volume
- Discover the 4 ways a business can make more money
- Learn to distinguish between loss leaders, negative contributors & profitable items
III. Examine Capital Budgeting Techniques
- Discuss importance of time value of money
- Discuss how to establish CAP rates
- Examine NPV, IRR, and the Real Rate of Return
IV. Tax Return Analysis
- Examine different entity structures & tax returns
- Generate tax return cash flows