Credit Union Philanthropy - People Helping People - The Credit Union Movement
CUES in the Community
In the tradition of the movement’s philosophy of people helping people, CUES is dedicated to providing support locally, nationally and globally through a variety of efforts.
CUES contributions for Fiscal Year 2011
Credit Union Movement
- National Credit Union Foundation, corporate supporter
- Madison-Area Chapter of Credit Unions, champion supporter
- World Council of Credit Unions, Silver Sponsor
- Filene Research Institute
- Cherry Blossom 10-Mile Run hosted by Credit Union Miracle Day, Inc.
- African American Credit Union Coalition, silver sponsor
- NCUF Bronze Sponsorship
- Vintner Sponsorship for the Credit Union for Kids Wine Auction
- Nashua Valley Council, BSA Reception Sponsor for CUES Board member Fred Healey
- National Association of State Credit Union Supervisors Sponsorship
- Achieva Credit Union Box Car Rally Sponsor
- Madison Area Chapter of Credit Unions Supporter and Raffle Sponsor
- Worldwide Foundation of Credit Unions Golf Tournament, $1,000
- Repairing Homes and Restoring Hope in honor of Carol Humenick; $5,000
- Parkinson’s Disease Foundation in memory of Frederick Hogan; $100
- Bill Hampel of CUNA
- Pamela Leavitt and Stacy Augustine of the Northwest CU Association
- Mike James, COO for Lending Insights from CUDL
- Dennis Tanimoto, president/CEO of the Hawaii Credit Union League
- Gigi Hyland of the NCUA
- Ted Thames of Cornerstone
- Brett Christensen of CU Lending Advice
- John DeLoach, First Florida CU
- Herbert Yolles, NCUA
- Art Wood, Railroad and Industrial FCU
- Alan White, Vital Insight
- Sarah Snell-Cooke, Editor-in-Chief of Credit Union Times
- Stanton Davis, Alabama Telco CU
- Theran Colwell, Director of Strategy & Business Development, CUNA Mutual Group
- Steve Sorrel, Vice President of Corporate Development, CUNA Mutual Group
- George Hodges of New Market Partners
- Brian Scott of The Members Group
- Joette Colletts, CUNA Mutual Group
- Joni Lovingood, CUNA Mutual Group
- Jeff Russell of The Members Group
- Mark Sievewright from FiServ
- Denise Gabel from Filene Research Institute
Significant Staff Involvement
- Barb Kachelski serves as the Wisconsin Society of Association Executives Certified Association Executive (CAE) committee co-chairman and a board member for the Wisconsin Society of Association Executives.
- CUES was recognized in Vantage Point, a magazine for association professionals, for our new dues structure leading to membership growth.
- Shawn Krohn is the Marketing Chair for Design Madison
- CUES received three 2011 Awards for Publication Excellence Competition awards:
- Grand Award – Brochures, Manuals & Reports – CUES Golden Mirror Awards Call for Entries
- Award of Excellence – Most Improved Web and Intranet Sites – CUES Website Redesign
- Award of Excellence – Printed Magazines and Journals Over 32 pages – July 2012 issues of Credit Union Management magazine
Local Community Relations
- Fitchburg Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Fitchburg Chamber of Commerce Golf Outing in October, hole sponsor
- Champion Supporter of The Links, Inc.
- Gold Sponsor for Gilda’s Club’s Red Doors Golf Tournament
- Tee it Up for the Troops, sponsored a returning troop to golf
- Wisconsin Medical Society Foundation
- Wisconsin Historical Society
- St. Thomas Aquinas Parish, St. John Church and Student Center in memory of editor, Theresa Witham’s grandfather, Jacque Sammet
- Tuschen-Newcomer Funeral Home – Memorial of Rebecca Treige, Kan Wanek’s fiancé
- Dana Farber Cancer Institute – In memory of Thomas Healey
Significant Staff Involvement
- Drive for Hope, held August 8 in Madison, Wis. raised $31,939 for the “Creating Hope” Lung Cancer Campaign benefiting the University of Wisconsin Carbone Cancer Center.
- Through corporate donations and staff giving, CUES supported the United Way of Dane County during our 2011 United Way Campaign.
- Fred Johnson is the co-chairman of the UW Carbone Cancer Center Lung Cancer Task Force.
- Shannon Gherke walked for breast cancer.