First Commerce Credit Union
2073 Summit Lake Drive
Tallahassee , Florida 32317
Responsible for preparation of financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), performs month-end book closing functions, supervises the Accounting staff, and is responsible for the preparation and filing of assigned regulatory reports.
• Will perform job duties in accordance with policies established by the Board of Directors under the rules and regulations set by the National Credit Union Administration and the Florida Office of Financial Regulation.
• Will assist the Controller in preparing documentation for all audits and regulatory examination requests and will participate in all discussions as required.
• Responsible for the download for asset liability management software.
• Prepares assigned ALCO and Board reports in a timely and accurate manner.
• Oversees and ensures that all accounting records and reports are prepared in compliance with GAAP.
• Remains current on GAAP updates and collaborates with the Controller regarding necessary changes.
• Responsible for the quarterly completion of the NCUA Call Reports.
• Responsible for the annual completion of the Escheat Report.
• Responsible for the annual completion of the Tangible Tax Return.
• Responsible for the annual completion of the 990, 990T, and other required tax returns.
• Responsible for the completion of the quarterly 2900 filing.
• Responsible for monitoring FCCU’s daily cash position and settlement of overnight investments.
• Responsible for overseeing the accounts payable function.
• Responsible for privilege assignments for the core system.
• Responsible for the setup of new GL accounts, share and loan types for the core system.
• Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of all month-end, quarter-end, and year-end book closings including all subsidiaries and closely held entities.
• Responsible for preparation of a monthly report identifying and explaining variances in financial statements to the previous period (book closing notes).
• Responsible for gathering information as assigned for completion of the annual budget.
• Ensures that all subsidiaries are in balance with the general ledger on a monthly basis.
• Supervises the Accounting staff.
• Responsible for ensuring that the credit union’s “Committed to You” brand promise is upheld by all direct reports.
• Must continually work to attain a good understanding of fundamental asset/liability management principles and their application to balance sheet management.
• Responsible for preparation or oversight of preparation of the monthly Householding File for IT for Limited Service Fee posting.
• Oversees the invoicing and collection of lease payments for leased space in FCCU facilities.
• Develops and maintains a monthly dashboard of activity in the Accounting Department, including a narrative, for review by the Senior Executive Team.
• Understands and implements the appropriate internal controls in the department, properly identifying and mitigating risks. Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
• Attends meetings as required; reports to work on time and as scheduled; adheres to facility dress code.
EDUCATION: A B.S. degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting is required. MBA and/or CPA preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 5 -7 years progressive experience in accounting in financial institution, or comparable experience in an accounting firm performing financial institution audits, plus 3-5 years of supervisory experience.