University Credit Union
Los Angeles, CA 90095
Plans, manages, directs, oversees and coordinates the overall management of one or more operations within the branch department. Ensures members receive prompt, efficient, and high-quality service. Manages branch activities to meet the financial services needs of members within assigned market area and to achieve credit union goals.
• Communicates job expectations to obtain team members results;
• Plans, monitors and appraises job results;
• Develops, coordinates and enforces systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards;
• Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements;
• Provides daily support to team members, including answering questions and resolving problems;
• Provides training and coaching and counseling to team members for the purpose of developing the team and maintaining the credit union’s organizational objectives.
• Understands the credit union organizational goals and key performance indicators and takes the necessary actions to achieve desired results;
• Evaluates operating procedures and policies, ensuring the highest levels of service, productivity and internal control;
• Researches, evaluates and implements department and/or organizational projects;
• Ensures the team members are providing consultative services by assessing the members’ needs, addressing their concerns and gaining agreement;
• Manages branch activities through the supervision of assistant managers and/or leads. Oversee department operations including resolving member and team member escalations;
• Must comply with regulatory compliance and assigned training requirements, including, but not limited to BSA regulations corresponding to job duties; manages risk within area and implements risk mitigation strategies and activities as appropriate;
• Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
1. Achieving UCU sales, service and compliance metrics.
2. Documentation including files, records and reports are current, correct and timely, and adhere to quality standards and are in accordance and compliance with government regulations;
3. Policies and procedures are modified to ensure effective and efficient service delivery;
5. Managing team members so that individual metrics are met or exceeded.
6. Plan and strategize for basic role assignments as indicated on Connections page to support organizational scoreboard objectives.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
• Five to seven years of related experience.
• Two to four years of previous management experience.
• Must be able to carry out supervisory responsibilities, which includes but is not limited to interviewing, hiring and training team members; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and issuing team member correction action when needed; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Must have knowledge of ACH, direct deposit, Truth in Savings, Truth in Lending, IRA, Consumer Lending, Real Estate Lending, Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering Act, OFAC, and other applicable financial institution regulations.
• Must have knowledge of business services, member services and teller functions.
• Must have at least intermediate expertise in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Strong communication skills.
UCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer