Valley First Credit Union
Turlock, CA 95380
The Branch Manager is a highly motivated leader who is responsible for the daily operations of a branch, which includes administering all service and operational activities in accordance with the Credit Union’s strategic objectives. The Branch Manager approaches the role from the view of being an addition of value to the overall Credit Union serving both members and other employees. The Branch Manager is primarily service focused but is also responsible for staffing, safety and security, revenue generation, financial management, reporting and oversight and compliance with all regulations. The Branch Manager leads the branch team to attract new business with the goal of growing the branch deposit and loan portfolio to increase branch profitability. In addition, the Branch Manager is responsible for the professional development of branch staff to include coaching, guiding, training, and motivating each team member. The Branch Manager serves as the member’s primary point of contact, building rapport with members and the community and will take ownership of member issues – from start to finish. He/she is a keen problem solver who is comfortable taking the initiative to “Do What’s Right”. The Branch Manager keeps abreast of competitive intelligence, meaning what is happening in the local branch footprint, what other financial institutions are doing and what local business need. The Branch Manager is tasked with creating and implementing strategies to improve productivity and service performance in efforts to achieve the financial targets of the branch. The Branch Manager works under the supervision of the Area Manager and performs other duties as directed.
• Lead a branch team dedicated to delivering exceptional service to members by embracing our values – Trust, Teamwork and Excellence.
• Meet quarterly NPS goals and avoid negative feedback and comments on social media posts and public scoring sites such as Yelp and Google Reviews.
• Ensure branch staff are trained and meeting service expectations, including service quality audits.
• React quickly and uphold organization-wide service standards by working collaboratively across the organization to exceed member expectations.
• Lead a branch team dedicated to operational excellence by ensuring staff are knowledgeable, engaged, trained, and focused on flawless execution.
• Strive to have all branch transactions and operations be error free.
• Manage risk by complying with regulations and understanding policies and procedures.
• Analyze branch activities and recommend ways to increase operational efficiency and effectiveness.
• Ensure branch facilities and equipment are in good working order – no deferred maintenance.
Grow the Credit Union
• Lead a branch team dedicated to growing the credit union by attracting and retaining members that are highly engaged with Valley First and consider us their PFI (primary financial institution).
• Meet branch growth goals and objectives by executing branch-specific tactics to grow both loan and deposit portfolios.
• Champion effective branch business development efforts and ensure staff participation.
• Keep on top of Workplace Partner assignments, ensuring a positive and cohesive relationship with contacts and employee population.
• Keep staff informed and up to date through daily huddles, weekly of bi-weekly staff meetings, and regular communication.
Increase Member Value
• Lead a branch team dedicated to increasing member value by understanding member preferences, delivering unparalleled convenience and member choice that is fast, flexible, and free of bureaucracy.
• Ensure staff understands our products and effectively demonstrates features and benefits.
• Understand promotions and provide each member with customized financial solutions.
• Empower branch staff to meet member needs without unnecessary approvals and escalations.
• Leverage “localness” by participating in local events (3-5 miles radius) such as community events, volunteer activities, and business network events.
• Train, support, develop, motivate, and retain a highly skilled and effective branch team.
• Provide staff with career growth opportunities and build a strong succession plan.
• Ensure all staff are accountable for individual goals and objectives.
• Manage staff schedules to meet member service expectations.
• Maintain a professional and engaging work environment. Ensure personnel issues are addressed immediately.
• Understand the branch profitability model and manage the branch balance sheet to increase branch revenue.
• Accomplish financial objectives by managing income and expenses within the approved budget.
• Monitor branch reports and data to identify emerging trends.
• Oversees the branch audit processes for their branch.
• Reviews results, implements corrective action, and responds in written form to the Senior Management and Internal Audit teams.
• Ensures compliance with Credit Union, industry and regulatory policies and procedures.
Must have two or more years of similar or related experience, including time spent in a management position within a financial institution, preferably the credit union movement.
Valid drivers license
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required to be an effective subject matter expert in the position. In-depth dialogues, conversations and explanations with customers, direct and indirect reports and outside vendors of a sensitive and/or highly confidential nature is a normal part of the day-to-day experience. Communications can involve motivating, influencing, educating and/or advising others on matters of significance.