Valley First Credit Union
1005 West Orangeburg
Modesto, CA 95350
The Card Services Manager will provide leadership for all activities in debit and credit card servicing and operations including service delivery, financial settlement and reconciliation, and account maintenance. This incumbent will perform staff development, conduct performance reviews and develop higher levels of expertise in the staff through training and education. This position will provide overall guidance and support for systems including fraud detection and protection, dispute processing and member experience within the channel.
• Recommend and install product/technology enhancements to elevate the adoption levels, improve performance/profitability, automate processes, and aggregate /monetize data (ex: Artificial Intelligence (AI), Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Chatbots, Contactless Payments, Virtual Cards, Biometric Authentication, etc.). Create and maintain department strategy plan for incorporation into the Credit Union’s master plan.
• Oversee the daily operations of the Credit Union’s credit card and debit card programs which include; card maintenance, chargebacks/disputes, fraud monitoring and card fraud investigations.
• Identify, evaluate and manage risk within the area and implement risk mitigation strategies and activities. Responsible for loss prevention, mitigation and functions with regard to claims of fraud and disputes.
• Oversee the daily operations of Visa credit and debit processing, Regulation E, chargebacks and Falcon fraud notifications.
• Audit activities and various department functions to ensure timely, accurate and complete processing of operational processes, as well as compliance with regulations, policies and procedures.
• Ensure that department general ledgers are in balance. Work with the Accounting Department and related areas to resolve out of balance situations.
• Manage relationships with third party vendors such as, VISA, FIS, CO-OP, and VisaDPS to ensure continuity of service.
• Prepare and adhere to the department’s annual budget.
• Continually evaluate service quality by setting, maintaining and monitoring specific benchmarks to measure efficiency, accuracy and leverage of current technologies.
• Drive improvements to policies, procedures, and processes; re-engineer (as needed) to maximize effectiveness and efficiency.
• Ensures that new cards are ordered timely, that chargebacks/disputes and other member requests are processed appropriately and within timeframes.
• Ensure compliance with various Federal and network regulations, including but not limited to Regulation E, Regulation Z, Visa, Interlink, Plus, Star, and Co-op.
• Participate as the Card Services project representative for new releases to the core system and card platform(s) including testing and cross-functional partner communications as identified through the review and testing functions. Manage new release projects, as assigned. Represent Card Services on various project teams.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
• At least two years' experience within a financial industry handling operations
• At least two years' experience within a management or supervisory role
• Excellent communication and leadership skills
• Ability to problem solve, troubleshoot, and handle high stress situations