University of Kentucky Federal Credit Union
1730 Alysheba Way
UKFCU is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran. UKFCU invites you to review the current "EEO Is the Law" poster as part of the application process. A link to the most current posters is here. Please also see the 2015 Supplemental EEO Poster here.
Applications are only accepted through our online application system. However, if you need assistance with any part of the application process or are unable to apply online because of a medical condition or disability and need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com to let us know the nature of your request. Please note, UKFCU accepts only employment applications that are complete and received by the Office of Human Resources by the specified deadline for each opening.
Title: Director of Commercial Lending
Department: Commercial Operations
Reports to: Vice President of Lending
Job Grade: 16 (starting pay range $131,219.89-$147,000.00 annually)
Job Purpose: Responsible for overseeing the Commercial Lending department. This position will be primarily responsible for oversight of business development and managing commercial operations. The primary objective is to increase profitability and grow outstanding loans on a long-term basis by creating new relationships, managing and expanding existing relationships while maintaining strong credit quality. Responsible for all policies and procedures used to govern, underwrite and service commercial loans. Responds to changing economic conditions to meet business lending needs and our financial profitability goals. Provides training, coaching, oversight and direction for all members of Commercial Lending team. Provides strong leadership in promoting teamwork, staff development, exceptional member service, and recognition of staff accomplishments.
Essential Job Results:
JOB SPECIFIC RESULTS
- Responsible for working closely with Senior Management members to achieve all departmental goals for profit and growth.
- Responsible for execution of the Credit Union’s overall direction and strategic initiatives for the Commercial Lending Department.
- Assumes responsibility for the sales and services activities of the Commercial Relationship Officers. Oversees all related processes, including tracking sales goals, progress toward objectives and maintaining overall service levels for commercial members. Oversees the commercial loan portfolio to achieve desired service levels, account profitability and manage risk. Coaches, motivates, and mentors Commercial Relationship Officers.
- Meets with Commercial Members to develop relationships and promote the UKFCU brand image in a variety of delivery forms.
- Acts as a resource on commercial lending product knowledge, policies and procedures. Analyzes reports to make suggestions to Senior Management. Responsible for monitoring progress on the budget for commercial lending.
- Maintains timely knowledge of business lending regulations, laws and market conditions to initiate changes to commercial polices. Ensures protection of the credit union’s interest and compliance by maintaining adequate documentation of the policies and procedures, making recommendations for policy changes and adhering to the approved policies. Remains current on financial trends to help improve the credit union’s competitive position, including analyzing competitive products and services, selling techniques, and pricing.
- Maintains third party vendor and collaborative credit union relationships for business development cooperation, emerging lending issues, software, and loan servicing.
- Establishes and documents the organization’s lending procedures and designs lending processes for commercial loans that result in departmental productivity, exceptional service delivery to borrowers and efficient underwriting.
- Manages underwriting, processing and funding process to ensure prompt decision making and closing.
- Responsible for underwriting loans up to lending authority as stated in Business Loan Policy. Review and submit loan analyses and recommendations to Senior Management for loans above Director’s underwriting authority.
- Works with participation partners in the origination, approval, processing and funding of participation loans.
- Ensures completion of annual loan reviews for both internal and participation loans to assess borrower’s current financial situation and ability to honor credit obligations, effectiveness of underwriting and controls, and confirm or update risk rating of each loan.
GENERAL MANAGEMENT RESULTS
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees, maintaining a safe and secure work environment, and developing personal growth opportunities.
- Mentors staff by providing individual guidance and technical expertise.
- Works with the risk management department to conduct random audits of employees’ work.
- Accomplishes staff job results and departmental goals by coaching, counseling and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; effectively scheduling staff to meet the credit union’s needs; planning, monitoring and appraising job results; conducting training; initiating, coordinating, implementing and enforcing systems, policies and procedures; and keeping supervisor updated on issues on a regular basis.
- Completes operations by developing schedules; assigning and monitoring work; gathering resources; implementing productivity standards; resolving operations problems; maintaining reference manuals; implementing new procedures; keeping supervisor informed of problems and solutions.
- Maintains department policies and procedures by assessing practices, identifying strengths and weaknesses, and recommending changes to the supervisor.
- Maintains operations by initiating, recommending, coordinating and enforcing operational and personnel policies and procedures; and coordinating, developing and maintaining comprehensive procedures for each position in the operational area of responsibility.
- Manages diversity in the workplace by understanding, supporting and practicing equal employment opportunity regulations and participating in all mandatory training regarding this and related topics.
GENERAL MEMBER CONTACT STAFF RESULTS
- Maintains account records by updating member information as necessary.
- When directly serving members, cross-sells credit union services by answering inquiries, actively informing members of new services and product promotions, ascertaining members’ needs, directing members to other staff as appropriate.
GENERAL STAFF RESULTS
- Maintains member and employee confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential and sharing on a business-related as-needed basis only.
- Engages in problem resolution by clarifying the member’s and/or employee’s complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution; and keeping the supervisor informed of problems and solutions.
- Complies with UKFCU policies and procedures by enforcing and adhering to internal UKFCU procedures and board-established policies.
- Complies with federal, state and local regulations and legal requirements by enforcing and adhering to requirements.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by maintaining an awareness of competitors’ rates and terms, industry trends and technology; attending staff meetings; identifying opportunities to attend seminars that enhance skills and maintain knowledge of new products that could assist in improving operational effectiveness; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to a team effort by accomplishing corporate and individual goals and other related results as needed.
- Professionalism in all communications.
- Commitment to the Credit Union movement and philosophy.
- Integrity in all actions.
- Ability to identify the needs of the member and provide services to meet those needs.
- Accountability to established metrics and performance goals.
- Five to ten years of similar or related experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to communicate with others one-on-one and in groups, fielding questions and responding to complaints.
- Ability to work with other employees.
- Ability to motivate and influence others, foster sound relationships, present a trustworthy and diplomatic image, and deal effectively with others concerning topics of a personal or sensitive nature.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions while dealing with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to write reports, correspondence, policies and procedures.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to be self-motivated.
- Ability to work with strict deadlines and under pressure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and stand. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee will be required to work indoors in a climate controlled office setting most of the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Occasionally however, an employee will be required to travel short to moderate distances in order to complete offsite property inspections. These inspections may require an employee to work outdoors where the environment is variable and cannot be regulated. Hot, cold, or wet conditions may be encountered. The noise level could vary by location.
The mental characteristics necessary to competently perform this job include the occasional need to be persuasive, use good judgment; and, the continuous need to use auditory perception, memory, and reasoning ability.
*The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of results that will be required of the positions given this title, and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically outlined in this description.