University of Kentucky Federal Credit Union
1730 Alysheba Way
Lexington, KY 40509
UKFCU is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran. UKFCU invites you to review the current "EEO Is the Law" poster as part of the application process. A link to the most current posters is here. Please also see the 2015 Supplemental EEO Poster here.
Applications are only accepted through our online application system. However, if you need assistance with any part of the application process or are unable to apply online because of a medical condition or disability and need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com to let us know the nature of your request. Please note, UKFCU accepts only employment applications that are complete and received by the Office of Human Resources by the specified deadline for each opening.
Title: Director of Consumer Lending
Department: Loan Operations
Reports to: Vice President, Lending
Job Grade: 16
Job Purpose: Responsible for oversight of consumer lending operations to ensure achievement of the credit union’s objectives and strategies. Provides training, coaching, oversight and direction of consumer loan origination, underwriting, processing, funding, post-closing, portfolio risk, asset recovery, and vendor management. Provides strong leadership in promoting teamwork, staff development, exceptional member service, and recognition of staff accomplishments.
Essential Job Results:
JOB SPECIFIC RESULTS
- Oversee all consumer loan operations for in branch, indirect and virtual branch channels while ensuring adherence to consumer credit laws, rules and regulations.
- Responsibilities include overseeing underwriting and credit risk performance, loan origination system compliance and delivery, and centralized loan closing and funding for all consumer, mortgage, and indirect loan programs.
- Work closely with all Directors and VPs with regards to lending operations and to establish a cohesive direction for the credit union.
- Establish and build relationships across the organization to ensure all team members understand and support lending program strategies.
- Compile and analyze data to evaluate the current and future status of loan production, portfolio and performance.
- Oversee asset recovery functions. Analyze collection results and provide direction to minimize delinquency and loan losses and maximize loan recoveries.
- Perform business line analysis and monitoring on credit policy change to drive credit policy optimization and risk mitigation strategies, inform team of corporate strategic decisions, control portfolio allocation, enable better member experience, and improve efficiencies.
- Drive monitoring and analysis of credit risk for loan portfolio, prepare related management reporting package and provide insights on root causes, emerging credit trends and implications on Allowance for Loan Losses.
- Serve as lending compliance SME and review loan files for compliance with Regulations and Fair Lending Practices. Responsible for ongoing development of compliance training to ensure the credit union is in compliance with all lending laws and regulations.
- Oversee development of policies and procedures of Consumer Loan, Indirect Loan and Residential Mortgage loans, and Asset Recovery.
- Evaluate and maintain annual risk assessments as required.
- Sets and oversees budget for lending operation activities and continually evaluates the efficiencies in lending operations.
GENERAL MANAGEMENT RESULTS
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees, maintaining a safe and secure work environment, and developing personal growth opportunities.
- Mentors staff by providing individual guidance and technical expertise.
- Works with the risk management department to conduct random audits of employees’ work.
- Assists staff in accomplishing results and departmental goals by coaching, counseling and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; effectively scheduling staff to meet the credit union’s needs; planning, monitoring and appraising job results; conducting training; initiating, coordinating, implementing and enforcing systems, policies and procedures; and keeping supervisor updated on issues on a regular basis.
- Assists staff in completing operations by developing schedules; assigning and monitoring work; gathering resources; implementing productivity standards; resolving operations problems; maintaining reference manuals; implementing new procedures; keeping supervisor informed of problems and solutions.
- Maintains department policies and procedures by assessing practices, identifying strengths and weaknesses, and recommending changes to the supervisor.
- Maintains operations by initiating, recommending, coordinating and enforcing operational and personnel policies and procedures; and coordinating, developing and maintaining comprehensive procedures for each position in the operational area of responsibility.
- Manages diversity in the workplace by understanding, supporting and practicing equal employment opportunity regulations and participating in all mandatory training regarding this and related topics.
GENERAL STAFF RESULTS
- Maintains member and employee confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential and sharing on a business-related as-needed basis only.
- Engages in problem resolution by clarifying the member’s and/or employee’s complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution; and keeping the supervisor informed of problems and solutions.
- Complies with UKFCU policies and procedures by enforcing and adhering to internal UKFCU procedures and board-established policies.
- Complies with federal, state and local regulations and legal requirements by enforcing and adhering to requirements.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by maintaining an awareness of competitors’ rates and terms, industry trends and technology; attending staff meetings; identifying opportunities to attend seminars that enhance skills and maintain knowledge of new products that could assist in improving operational effectiveness; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to a team effort by accomplishing corporate and individual goals and other related results as needed.
- Professionalism in all communications.
- Commitment to the Credit Union movement and philosophy.
- Integrity in all actions.
- Ability to identify the needs of the member and provide services to meet those needs.
- Accountability to established metrics and performance goals.
- Seven to ten years of similar or related experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong understanding of lending regulations
- Ability to evaluate processes and implement improvements
- Advanced PC experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to communicate with others one-on-one and in groups, fielding questions and responding to complaints.
- Ability to work with other employees.
- Strong attention to detail required.
- Ability to motivate and influence others, foster sound relationships, present a trustworthy and diplomatic image, and deal effectively with others concerning topics of a personal or sensitive nature.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions while dealing with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to write reports, correspondence, policies and procedures.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to be self-motivated.
- Ability to work with strict deadlines and under pressure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and stand. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee will be required to work indoors in a climate controlled office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
The mental characteristics necessary to competently perform this job include the occasional need to be persuasive, use good judgment; and, the continuous need to use auditory perception, memory, and reasoning ability.
*The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of results that will be required of the positions given this title, and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically outlined in this description.