Blackhawk Community Credit Union
2640 W. Court St.
Janesville, WI 53548
Responsible for the leadership, innovation, and management of the Credit Union’s Risk Management Program. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, enterprise risk management, vendor due diligence, disaster recovery/business continuity, internal audit plan, external audit and examination coordination, insurance procurement and claims management. This position also includes the designation of Credit Union Security Officer. The Director will develop, maintain, and update all related policy, procedure, employee training and education programs. The Director will utilize risk analysis, monitoring, and testing procedures to evaluate and report on the current state of risk facing the organization. Period reports will be provided to Senior Management and the Board of Directors.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
• Lead the identification, communication, measurement, and management of company-wide Enterprise Risk Management Program. Facilitate the identification of risks throughout the organization, develop reporting and monitoring formats and develop methodologies for the assessment of risks. Proactively recommend risk mitigation strategies and monitor for implementation and compliance.
• Formulate an annual internal audit plan in consultation with the CEO and Board of Directors. Oversee and direct the plan, making adjustments as necessary.
• Coordinate and assist with all regulatory examinations and external audits.
• Lead a corporate wide Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity effort. Establish a framework and methodology for the completion of contingency plans by internal business units. Coordinate training, communication, and testing of plans.
• Ensure Credit Union insurance policies are accurate, current and in compliance with federal and state regulations. Review and maintain the following insurance policies, General Liability, Management Professional Liability, Property, Directors & Officers, Fidelity Bond, Cyber Liability, Business Auto, Flood, and Workers' Compensation.
• Investigate, document, and resolve incidents related to crimes against the credit union, and property and liability losses. Manage the claims process to include maintain records, filing the notice of loss and seeing the claim to its conclusion.
• Oversee and manage the credit union’s Vendor Due Diligence program. This includes maintaining an accurate list of third-party vendors with their appropriate risk rating. Ensure that periodic risk assessments are conducted and documented based on policy requirements.
• Oversee and manage the Credit Union’s Security Program. Ensure that employees, members, and credit union assets are properly protected using policy, procedure, training, education, internal controls, and physical and electronic security devices.
• Maintain and update all related policy and procedures.
• Develop written and in-person training programs for security, robbery, active shooter, and employee/member safety related issues.
• Provide routine verbal and written updates to Senior Management and the Board of Directors.
Qualifications and Competencies
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, and 5+ years’ experience in a risk management role within a financial institution.
• Professional certification or credential in risk, compliance, or audit.
• Formal leadership training.
• Analytical problem solver with the ability to quickly grasp business issues and develop solid solutions.
• Ability to manage and execute multiple complex projects within required timelines and expectations.
• Ability to effectively strategize and lead technical and analytical teams.
• Knowledge of financial institution operational processes.
• Understanding of regulations issued by the NCUA and the Wisconsin State Division of Financial Services.
• Must possess strong interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, maturity, excellent judgment, and a desire to help people.
• Must have the ability to identify member opportunities for financial improvement, advocate for credit union services and technology options, and provide support as needed.
• Must possess well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
• Must possess above-average computer, technology, and internet knowledge.
• Comfortable working in a complex, competitive, and rapidly changing environment.
• Ability to analyze and resolve situations independently.
• Ability to manage deadlines and priorities and set deadlines.
OTHER (PHYSICAL, MENTAL, and VISUAL SKILLS):
Frequent periods are spent standing or sitting in the same location with some opportunity to move about; occasionally there may be a need to stoop or lift objects (typically less than 30 pounds).
Typically located in a comfortable, quiet indoor area. There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, strong drafts, or bright lights.
• Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time. Intermittent physical activity including bending, reaching and prolonged periods of sitting.
• Ability to move about and communicate with a diverse membership and employee group.
• Ability to accomplish the described responsibilities through the use of computers and technology.
• Ability to work in a changing, challenging and fast paced environment with varying stress levels.
• Must be able to lift 20lbs. occasionally.
• Occasional travel required, including attendance at BHCCU sponsored events and/or meetings.
• Provide own transportation.