AltaOne Federal Credit Union
701 S China Lake Blvd
Ridgecrest, CA 93555
Ridgecrest Corporate Back Office - Ridgecrest, CA
Optional Work from Home
Full Time 40 Hrs/Wk
High School Diploma
Performs a variety of duties in the areas of, but not limited to, daily operations of various E-Services components (Bill Payer, MSC online, mobile banking, online account opening), credit/debit/ATM card maintenance and card fraud.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- 70% Processes and posts member financial transactions including, but not limited to, visa cash advances, visa payments, debit/credit travel notifications, debit/credit activations, address changes, account closures, and visa dividend corrections received via member mail, fax or email. Posts transactions for CLG, FMRD, Finance and HR. Receives and processes statement requests, visa audits and visa fee reversals. Assist internal member with debit/credit/ATM card services, as well as all electronic service needs.
- 20% Functions as back-up in specialized duties, which may include card fraud, card services, and e- Services. Card fraud duties include the administration of the organization's credit/debit card fraud management program (including the collection of returned debit/credit items), working with third party fraud analyst(s) to identify fraud trends and employ system rules and processes to mitigate card fraud losses for members and the Credit Union. Evaluates fraudulent transactions and contacts membership/service center when fraud occurs on an account. Responsible for preparing and submitting claims to the bond company. Works with Employee Education and Compliance Departments to ensure training is updated and delivered to staff on a semi-annual basis. Card Services duties include providing service to internal and external members relating to card services including debit, credit and ATM cards. Provides support to MSC staff for other card services which may include reloadable debit cards, gift cards and instant issue. Troubleshoots card service issues, providing prompt and accurate assistance at all times. Possesses and exceptional understanding of card products, processes and procedures, and acts as card services subject matter expert for the Credit Union. Trains new hires on card related services. E-Services duties include providing service to internal and external members relating to AltaOne's electronic banking services including MSC Online, Mobiliti, Mobile Check Deposit, Budget Pro, Billpayer, PopMoney and online account opening. Troubleshoots e-services issues, partnering with IT Support, vendors and resources as needed. Possesses an exceptional understanding of e-service products, processes, and procedures, and acts and e-services subject matter expert for the Credit Union. Trains new hires on electronic banking services.
- 10% Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Provides prompt, accurate, courteous, friendly, timely and professional service to all members. (Assists members waiting in the lobby within five minutes, answers telephone within 3 rings, responds to all correspondence within 24 hours.)
- Processes all approved member cash advance requests, Visa account closures, departmental postings, address changes, and dividend corrections the same day received via fax or email.
- Ensures all transactions and documentation are complete and compliant with the Credit Union's rules and regulations.
- Maintains files and records of all debit/credit and other member-related documents and ensures that appropriate retention periods are maintained.
- Processes all internal and external adjustments to avoid Credit Union losses according to established Credit Union guidelines.
- Maintains an excellent knowledge of financial services offered by the Credit Union as well as competitors' services.
- Maintains a professional work environment and businesslike appearance at all times.
- Trouble shoots and resolves member and internal inquiries in a timely, friendly and accurate manner.
- Maintains a dependable record of attendance and timeliness.
- Participates as a team member in the department and maintains an acceptable staff satisfaction rating of 90% or better based on the Internal Service Survey (ISS) by demonstrating AltaOne Federal Credit Union's established internal service standards.
- Cross trains in other departments as needed and attends all training relative to position.
- Completes AltaOne Federal Credit Union's Product Knowledge Assessment annually with a score of 90% or better.
- One year to three years of similar or related experience.
A high school education or GED.
- Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
- Able to operate a 10-key calculator, typewriter, and computer keyboard.
Able to lift up to 15 pounds