Universal 1 Credit Union
1 River Park Drive
Dayton, Ohio 45409
Responsible for researching, analyzing and preparing financial and investment reports and economic activity reports. Develops financial forecasts and analyses. Supports daily banking reconcilement. Systematically monitors and projects cash availability and funding requirements. Responsible for managing the credit union investment portfolio and ensures the quality and asset performance. Oversees and maintains related record keeping and reporting functions. Is aligned with and promotes U1 values.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
- Assists with the development, and implementation of financial policies, procedures, planning, and short/long term goals that complement the corporate-wide plan(s). Conducts periodic reviews of existing policies and procedures to ensure proper adherence, maximum efficiency, and service delivery.
- Supports the effective management of the credit union investment portfolio and numerous financial functions.
- Systematically monitors and projects cash requirements, cash availability, and funding requirements. Monitors loan funding projections and deposit flows.
- Ensures adequate control of investment accounts. Provides various departments with appropriate data.
- Maintains appropriate settlement and safekeeping controls. Monitors the collection of interest payments.
- Prices the Credit Union’s investment portfolio monthly, or more often as required.
- Assists in pro-actively managing credit analysis review activities to ensure that high quality investments are maintained in accordance with Credit Union policy and legal requirements.
- Identifies strategies to maximize interest margins and minimize bank balances and other non-earning assets.
- Prepares financial projections and evaluations, including peer analysis and reporting.
- Researches industry trends and provides senior leadership with strategic recommendations.
- Recommends changes in financial controls, policies, and programs as are necessary to preserve and increase Credit Union assets.
- Serves as an ALM specialist in running computer simulation models, updating historical records, providing forecasts, and analyzing data. Is responsible for the set-up, maintenance, validation of data, reporting and analysis of the profitability programs.
- Manages the budget process by compiling information and data, analysis, and budget reporting.
- Conducts vendor financial reviews and credit line testing.
- Serves as an Investment Officer.
- Assists with duties relating to external audits and state and federal exams.
- Handles various credit union reports.
- Completes job duties in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication and coordination with Credit Union personnel and management. To include: accurate preparation of monthly financial reports; maintaining investment portfolio records; maintaining system backup and hard copy records; providing reports to Senior Management, the Finance Department, the Funds Management Committee, Operating ALCO Committee, and the Treasurer; distributing detailed schedules of portfolios held; maintaining safekeeping statements and confirmations; complying with the Federal Reserve Bank's reserve balance requirements; ensuring the accuracy and legal compliance of all scheduled Federal reporting requirements; completing miscellaneous financial analyses, reports, and records; attending meetings as required.
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring that professional business relationships are established and maintained with the community, Credit Union members, other financial institutions, security and investment brokers, business partners, and other trade professionals. Maintains the Credit Union’s relationship with the Federal Reserve, other financial institutions and investment parties. Maintains the Credit Union's professional reputation, both internally and externally. Assists in the preparation of Funds Management Committee and Operating ALCO Committee reports. Represents the Credit Union in contacts with business associations and otherwise promotes the Credit Union's image.
- Assumes responsibility for general accounting duties and completes special projects as assigned. Stays informed of trends and changes in the finance field. Serves as a financial resource for Management. Performs other duties as assigned. Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
Education/Certification and Experience required: Four year related degree with two or more years of related progressive experience, preferably in a financial environment OR a four year Finance degree.
- Knowledge of related accounting and computer applications.
- Thorough understanding of investments, financial research, and reporting.
- Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications, preferably Microsoft office software.
- Solid analytical and organizational abilities.
- Ability to operate computer applications.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Attentive to detail.
- Good project management abilities.
- Able to operate PC, calculator, telephone, and related financial software.
To apply, go to https://u1cu.isolvedhire.com/jobs/.