University of Kentucky Federal Credit Union
2557 Sir Barton Way
Lexington, KY 40509
UKFCU is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran. UKFCU invites you to review the current "EEO Is the Law" poster as part of the application process. A link to the most current posters is here. Please also see the 2015 Supplemental EEO Poster here.
Applications are only accepted through our online application system. However, if you need assistance with any part of the application process or are unable to apply online because of a medical condition or disability and need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the nature of your request. Please note, UKFCU accepts only employment applications that are complete and received by the Office of Human Resources by the specified deadline for each opening.
Title: Learning and Development Manager
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Director of Human Resources
Job Grade: 13
Job Purpose: Manage and oversee the activities of the Learning and Development team in conformance with established credit union policies and procedures. Oversees, coordinates, and evaluates organizational training and development efforts, cost controls and corporate culture/morale. Leads the organizational efforts to improve overall employee performance, productivity, and efficiency.
Essential Job Results:
JOB SPECIFIC RESULTS
- Direct, develop, motivate, and manage the Learning and Development team.
- Organizes training and development programs in order to meet the needs of management and staff as well as the objectives of the credit union; oversees design curriculum and selects learning content, methods, and resources for approved training.
- Maximizes the utilization of available training resources, both internally and externally, by managing, maintaining, and developing training options, not limited to learning management systems (LMS), internal materials, third-party workshops and seminars, and both on-site and off-site third-party vendors.
- Works with Directors of each area to develop annual training budgets for the credit union. Monitors use of allocated training dollars throughout the year to evaluate the utilization of the training budget.
- Administers Engageware platform for policy and procedure management.
- Supports L&D Specialist with employee training, development and education efforts for special projects as defined in the credit unions strategic plan under the direction of the Vice President of Human Resources and Director of Human Resources.
- Organizes, develops, and maintains training manuals, job aids, reference library, testing and evaluation procedures, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials.
- Works with credit union management to conduct needs assessments to determine organizational and departmental learning and development needs; works with internal and external subject matter experts (SMEs) to coordinate and deliver training as needed.
- Maintains related training files and databases. Generate reports from files and databases as directed and appropriate.
- Keeps informed on new developments, methods, technologies and techniques in the training field. Stays current on training topics relevant to the credit unions line of business.
- Collaboratively develops, maintains, and updates relevant Credit Union procedures under the direction of the Vice President of Human Resources and Director of Human Resources.
- Completes other duties, including clerical and routine duties by updating databases and other files. Also, prepares documents, files and materials as directed and necessary; collects data/research information as directed and necessary; assists in communicating and promoting key elements in the strategic framework (mission, core values and guiding financial principles, vision, strategy, corporate culture, diversity awareness and appreciation, morale and spirit, etc.) as directed and necessary; assists with updating the Intranet and Internet as directed and necessary; assists in coordinating employee relations and event planning activities; assists with projects as directed and necessary.
- Advises management with regard to employee morale, general organizational culture and compliance with core values and guiding principles by making management aware of any concerns as they arise and offering suggestions and recommendations as appropriate.
GENERAL STAFF RESULTS
- Maintains member and employee confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential and sharing on a business-related as-needed basis only.
- Engages in problem resolution by clarifying the members and/or employees complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution; and keeping the supervisor informed of problems and solutions.
- Complies with UKFCU policies and procedures by enforcing and adhering to internal UKFCU procedures and board-established policies.
- Complies with federal, state and local regulations and legal requirements (including those relating to human resources functions) by enforcing and adhering to requirements.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge (including knowledge of human resources topics) by maintaining an awareness of competitors rates and terms, industry trends and technology; attending staff meetings; identifying opportunities to attend seminars that enhance skills and maintain knowledge of new products that could assist in improving operational effectiveness; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to a team effort by accomplishing corporate and individual goals and other related results as needed.
- Five to seven years of similar or related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Instructional Design, Education or related field.
- Professional training certification preferred.
- Proven experience in curriculum design and course delivery, with knowledge of adult learning principles.
- Advanced PC and material design experience.
- Well-developed ability to communicate with others one-on-one and in groups, fielding questions.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions while dealing with a variety of concrete variables.
- Well-developed ability to write reports, correspondence and procedures.
- Ability to work independently.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and stand. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee will be required to work indoors in a climate controlled office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The mental characteristics necessary to competently perform this job include the occasional need to be persuasive, use good judgment; and, the continuous need to use auditory perception, memory, and reasoning ability.
*The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of results that will be required of the positions given this title, and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically outlined in this description.