Parsons Federal Credit Union
5875 Trinity Parkway #111
Centreville, VA 20120
Under minimal supervision, a loan officer completes a broad scope of lending and member services related tasks. In a member/client-facing role, a loan officer is responsible for reviewing, authorizing, recommending and funding consumer and real estate loans. Loan officers meet with applicants to offer solution-based credit union loan products and services while providing a high level of service and discretion. A loan officer assists members by determining the best loan and financing option based on specific need, creditworthiness and income levels. As a department lead, your experience and product knowledge will serve to mentor others within the credit union.
Associate or Bachelor’s degree or high school diploma and 6+ years related experience in a consumer and real estate lending role within a credit union or financial institution.
• Basic PC skills including, but not limited to, MS Windows, MS Word, and MS Excel
• Strong working knowledge of a credit union core system Symitar is preferred
• Must be self-motivated and able to multitask
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Serve as a mentor other credit union employees
• Must be able to problem-solve and meet funding deadlines
• Must have an NMLS or be able to pass requirements for registration with NMLS
• Refer loan and financing options based on need and qualification
• Primarily funds and opens consumer loans and real estate Loans
• Serves as an underwriter for consumer and real estate Loans
• Monitors daily pipeline
• Lending call center
• Troubleshoots and provides member resolution on all e-service platforms (Online & Mobile banking, Pop-money, Bill Pay)
• Promotes credit union products and services
• Identifies and refers members to our Wealth Management Financial Advisor during member lending consultation
• Ancillary product penetration of minimum 30%
• Serves as Loan Debt Protection Lead and provides ongoing coaching to lending personnel
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising the position.
Please email resumes to Louis.firstname.lastname@example.org