Gulf Winds Credit Union
Tallahassee, Florida 32308
*Please visit www.gogulfwinds.com/careers to complete an application in order to be considered for the position. Once you apply, you will receive communications and updates regarding your position of interest.*
This position contributes to the success of Gulf Winds by proactively soliciting mortgage business and selling Gulf Winds' mortgage products. MLOs at Gulf Winds are expected to develop and maintain strong professional relationships with area realtors, builders, attorneys and other sources of mortgage referrals. This position is responsible for providing excellent service - responding to member and potential member inquiries and referrals that are generated from their own efforts and from other Gulf Winds' channels.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Conducts interviews with prospective borrowers in order to analyze financial and credit data; determines financing objectives, advises borrower of product/pricing policies, and gathers any additional information required.
Proactively solicits new mortgage loan applications by developing relationships within the real estate community and making outside sales calls.
Ensures excellent member experience by overseeing loan process from origination to close and providing on-going communication to members and business partners.
Meets mortgage loan operational standards by contributing mortgage loan information to strategic plans; implementing production, productivity, quality and member service standards.
Keeps informed of current trends in mortgage lending, mortgage regulations, and market factors affecting mortgage lending.
Ensures compliance with all applicable regulations, policies and procedures.
Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
1. MLO meets or exceeds the minimum established sales goals and actively cross sells Gulf Winds products.
2. Referrals are handled expeditiously; interviews are conducted in professional manner; all information is gathered accurately; rates and pricing are quoted accurately
3. Strong relationships exist with business referral sources; referral rate is successful
4. Audits and observations show all transactions and activity to be in compliance with all applicable regulations.
5. Surveys and feedback from business partners, prospects, and members show that MLO is providing consistently excellent service and follow up.
6. Complies with all applicable rules, regulations and policies, including but not limited to BSA, OFAC and Physical Security.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Three years to five years of similar or related experience.
Must pass requirements for registration with NMLS.
Education: A high school education or GED.
Interpersonal Skills: Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for the purpose of first-level conflict resolution, building relationships, and soliciting cooperation. Discussions involve a higher degree of confidentiality and discretion, requiring diplomacy and tact in communication.
Other Skills: Must have good communication skills; 10-key calculator and keyboard skills required.
Ability to read, write, comprehend, and speak English clearly.
Normally expected to work between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. but may be required to work nights and/or weekends.
Must adhere to safety rules and regulations
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising the position.
Gulf Winds is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Free Workplace.
Go to www.gogulfwinds.com/careers to see the full job description and apply.