Friends and Family Credit Union
3920 Erie Street South
Massillon, Ohio 44646
Friends and Family Credit Union ($100M assets), located in Massillon, Ohio. With the pending retirement of the current leader, the Credit Union has launched a search for a new Chief Executive Officer. The Board of Directors is seeking an experienced executive to provide continued leadership, direction, and guidance of Friends and Family Credit Union activities, while overseeing the safety and soundness of the Credit Union’s financial structure. This individual must have a proven track record of excellence, a high level of integrity and trust, and excellent communication skills. The successful candidate must have the ability to work collaboratively with the Board of Directors in defining the strategic direction of the Credit Union. This position requires a good working knowledge of all credit union operations and ability to translate this knowledge into successful services for our membership. You also will be conducting business development activities and participating in community and business affairs to promote Friends and Family Credit Union’s visibility and growth. A minimum of three years’ experience as a President/CEO, or five years of responsible senior leadership experience in a financial institution of equal or greater size is preferred. Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related field from an accredited college or university is preferred.
- Direct all credit union operations, which include strategic planning and mergers and implementing programs, policies, and procedures.
- Individually and/or through subordinates, provide strategic and/or administrative direction and management in all credit union functions to include: accounting, ALM, business development, compliance, facility management, finance, human resources, investments, lending, marketing, operations, retail services, risk management, and security.
- Manage and/or facilitate the day‐to‐day operation of the credit union and establish office procedures to utilize staff and facilities most efficiently, to promote products and services, to provide outstanding member service, and to achieve the goals of the credit union.
- Develop, recommend, and implement financial policies and procedures.
- Analyze workflow of the credit union on a continuous basis and make changes to improve and reduce cost.
- Ensure that the credit union is in compliance with the state laws and regulations set forth by the Ohio Department of Financial Institutions and other state and federal laws we are required to follow from other State and Federal regulatory agencies.
- Recruit and select quality applicants for management vacancies, ensuring that the credit union is adequately staffed with competent employees. Evaluate the job performance of credit union management to ensure quality service to members.
- Supervise a budget for the credit union that is consistent with the overall strategic plan.
- Conduct management meetings on a regular basis to insure the dissemination of information exchange of ideas, resolution of problems, discussion of trends, etc. Ensure that information is communicated throughout the credit union.
- Ensure adequate equipment, supplies, and working space is available.
- Conduct business development activities to promote the growth and development of the credit union. Build positive relationships with the field of membership, and with appropriate trade associations and organizations.
- Provide direction to the Board on various strategic plans to help chart the course of the credit union.
- Plan and oversee the employee benefits program, balancing internal demands, equity in the marketplace, and costs.
- Manage security and safety for the credit union, with responsibility to analyze security and safety policies and procedures, and to alert staff of any changes in a timely manner.
For confidential consideration, please apply to CEO@FriendsandFamilycu.com.