Salal Credit Union
Seattle, WA 98115
Salal Credit Union is looking to bring on a Senior Instructional Designer who will be responsible for developing and delivering comprehensive training programs and materials that align with Salal Credit Union's mission, vision, and values. Working on the Employee Experience team, this Instructional Designer will develop learning experiences that are effective and appealing to all levels of employees and meet regulatory requirements, policies, procedures, and company initiatives.
This is a high-impact position that has a direct hand in how we train and retain staff. A key part of any new product rollout, our Instructional Designer must take into account the learning of the employees who handle our member needs and operations.
In our experience, someone successful in this role will join the team with at least 4 years of experience in an instructional design role. Based on the work the team takes on, we think the skills needed can be gained from a Bachelor's degree in a related field of study and a strong understanding of the ADDIE model or other instructional design processes. Strong communication and teamwork skills with be to your benefit. Any training certifications are preferred but not required for a role like this and there would be opportunities to work toward those certifications while on the team. Familiarity with the financial services industry and banking products would be beneficial but is not necessarily required.
The team currently works remotely but, moving forward, this role will report to our Northgate headquarters office at least a couple of days per week to deliver in-person training.
The salary range for this role is $79,000-95,000 per year plus benefits, including:
- Generous 401k contributions
- Charitable contribution matching of $500 per year
- Healthcare plans including options with pre-funded HSA and $0 premiums
- Paid vacation, sick leave, & bank holidays
- Up to $7500 per year in tuition reimbursement
What you'll do in this role:
- Participate in impactful organization-wide projects
- Make suggestions for training and communications and implement approved projects or initiatives
- Interact with subject matter experts to identify the target audience's training needs and end goals
- Create training content to support those goals by using tested instructional design theories, practices, and methods
- Create supporting material for training such as audio, video, simulations, role-plays, games, etc.
- Develop criteria used to evaluate learner's performance and develop assessment instruments
- Analyze process workflows in order to maximize member service, employee efficiency and to meet the strategic needs of the organization
- Facilitate classroom, online, eLearning modules, and training sessions
A little more about Salal Credit Union:
For more than 70 years, Salal Credit Union has helped thousands of members manage their money. Salal is one of the larger credit unions in Washington State with more than $1 billion in assets and over 45,000 members. We are a full-service financial institution predominantly serving residents of Washington State. Through our business and indirect lending program, we also service members in other states.
Salal Credit Union strives to maintain a work environment free from discrimination where employees are treated with dignity and respect. All employees contribute to the Credit Union's commitment to equal employment opportunity. Salal Credit Union does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, religion/creed, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, size or shape, marital status, national origin, genetics/genetic markers, military or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, benefits, promotion, and discipline. We believe that by adhering to these policies we can cultivate a welcoming environment by embracing each individual's identities and abilities.
To request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete your application or if you need this job announcement in an alternative format, contact the Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not have internet access, you may visit your local public library or any WorkSource location and use their computers.
Salal Credit Union participates in E-Verify