University of Kentucky Federal Credit Union
2775 Sir Barton Way
Lexington, KY 40509
UKFCU is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran. UKFCU invites you to review the current "EEO Is the Law" poster as part of the application process. A link to the most current posters is here. Please also see the 2015 Supplemental EEO Poster here.
Applications are only accepted through our online application system. However, if you need assistance with any part of the application process or are unable to apply online because of a medical condition or disability and need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the nature of your request. Please note, UKFCU accepts only employment applications that are complete and received by the Office of Human Resources by the specified deadline for each opening.
Title: Senior Member Solutions Specialist
Department: Member Solutions
Reports to: Member Solutions Manager
Job Grade: 9
Job Purpose: Provides service to the credit union by initiating member contact in order to reduce delinquency and loss on all products and services offered to members, including any clerical processes and procedures deemed essential to reduce delinquency and /or loss to increase recoveries.
Essential Job Functions:
JOB SPECIFIC RESULTS
- Diligently attempt to contact all delinquent customers by using the most effective means possible by meeting minimum outbound call goals. Listen to member issues and proactively offer solutions to their delinquency. Exhibit the ability to persuade members to resolve delinquency. Use effective communication techniques to overcome objections to making payments on delinquent products.
- Adhere to the Call Flow Matrix, Skip Matrix, Left Message Matrix and Next Work Date Matrix as presented by the Member Solutions Manager. Ensure key call objectives are met and annotated on every member attempt or contact. Ensure outlined Work Standards are met in regards to outbound attempts and queue management.
- Review each delinquent account including first mortgages, legal accounts, deceased accounts and repossessions for possible further action if the member is not willing to make suitable arrangements.
- Adheres to bankruptcy laws, communication with attorneys and is responsible for maintaining bankruptcy board book, reports on a monthly basis and reviews PACER for member filing.
- Testifies at legal proceedings as required.
- Uses advanced collection techniques for taking escalated calls when other team members are not able to convince the member to set arrangements.
- Must be able to review Pacer (bankruptcy) in order to identify the members bankruptcy status and Probate Laws. Interpret legal files associated with members account prior to sending to outside counsel. Understand the steps required to identify when a past due account goes to the attorney to start the foreclosure proceedings. Work with outside counsel regarding evictions to schedule and communicate with borrower. Contact the repossession agent to pick vehicle up as well schedule for auction or legal action. Specialist shall file specific paperwork with courts to ensure the credit union receives all available funds due on the loan.
- Assist the other Member Solutions Specialist in advanced collection techniques that involve the resolution of defaulted Mortgages, Loans and Credit Cards. Solutions may include restructuring, budget counseling and resolving insurance claim issues.
- Assist the department management team with monthly and quarterly reports.
CLERICAL PROCESSES AND PROCEDURES
- Gathers and maintains all information in regards to Bankruptcies by our membership. This includes scanning, imaging and inventorying and filing all documents deemed significant for the purpose of reducing delinquency and asset recovery. Daily management of records is essential during this process and compliance with all Local, State and Federal law must be observed. Filing and managing Bankruptcy Proof of Claims and Reaffirmations and Discharges will be managed with the sole purpose to decrease bad debt write off and increase recoveries through a legal manner.
- Files legal suits on accounts identified by the Member Solutions Manager. Gather all significant documents through imaging and set up member files to manage through the entire process. Complete all appropriate initial paperwork for legal counsel. Provide intermittent updates to legal counsel to ensure that all legal requirements regarding the suit have been met.
- Negative Shares: Manage member accounts and conduct proper analysis of steps to reduce delinquent balances. Call upon and send letters to members who have a negative balance for a predetermined amount of time. Manage NSF checks properly and initiate repayment plans with our delinquent members. Process letters regarding Delinquent Loans, Credit Cards and Negative Checking Accounts.
- Regularly reviews policy and procedure to ensure accuracy and compliance with Repossessions, Legal Proceedings, Bankruptcy, Deceased Member Accounts and First Mortgages.
- Repossession Pull documents, reports and supply vendors with pertinent information including vehicle location, maintain repossession and sale report and work with auction houses.
- Legal Works closely with outside counsel including preparing documents, controlling invoice costs and preparing checks for GL postings.
- Bankruptcy - Communicates with attorneys and is responsible for maintaining bankruptcy board book and reports on a monthly basis.
- Deceased Responsible for communicating with outside counsel and probate courts. Responsible for placing flags on accounts when notified by relatives and/or courts.
- First Mortgage Communicates with First Mortgage vendor, reviews delinquency report to assure accuracy and reviews accounts for loss mitigation assistance.
5. Answers all inbound calls from members and internal employees regarding the following: Negative Share Accounts, Delinquent Loans and Credit Cards and Charged-off Accounts.
GENERAL MEMBER CONTACT STAFF RESULTS
- Maintains account records by updating member information as necessary.
- Must have knowledge of Credit Union products and services to offer creative solutions to resolve member financial difficulties. By understanding loss mitigation tools that we offer, initiate communication between the member and other staff as appropriate.
GENERAL STAFF RESULTS
- Maintains member and employee confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential and sharing on a business-related as-needed basis only.
- Engages in problem resolution by clarifying the members and/or employees complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution; and keeping the supervisor informed of problems and solutions.
- Complies with UKFCU policies and procedures by enforcing and adhering to internal UKFCU procedures and board-established policies.
- Complies with federal, state and local regulations and legal requirements by enforcing and adhering to requirements.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by maintaining an awareness of competitors rates and terms, industry trends and technology; attending staff meetings; identifying opportunities to attend seminars that enhance skills and maintain knowledge of new products that could assist in improving operational effectiveness; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to a team effort by accomplishing corporate and individual goals and other related results as needed.
- Professionalism in all communications.
- Commitment to the Credit Union movement and philosophy.
- Integrity in all actions.
- Ability to identify the needs of the member and provide services to meet those needs.
- Accountability to established metrics and performance goals.
- Three to Five years of similar or related experience or education.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Excel and Word.
- Ability to communicate with others one-on-one, fielding questions and responding to complaints.
- Ability to navigate and manage difficult conversations.
- Knowledge of FDCPA, UDAPP, FCRA and other collection laws and procedures.
- Ability to be able to read, understand, interpret and apply the following: Bankruptcy Laws, Repossession Rules and Regulations, Probate Laws, Trustee rules, Lien Process, Foreclosure rules, etc.
- Strong, friendly voice and demeanor, good diction.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent with American currency, and to apply these concepts to practical solutions.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions while dealing with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence.
- Ability to work independently.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and stand. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee will be required to work indoors in a climate controlled office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The mental characteristics necessary to competently perform this job include the occasional need to be persuasive, use good judgment; and, the continuous need to use auditory perception, memory, and reasoning ability.
*The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of results that will be required of the positions given this title, and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically outlined in this description.