Valley First Credit Union
1005 West Orangeburg Avenue
Modesto, CA 95350
To assist with the activities necessary to complete the routine accounting functions of the credit union. The primary responsibilities of this role are to balance general ledgers, review, maintain and balance sub-ledgers, prepare monthly management reports, aid in the preparation of the quarterly call report, and backup all other areas of the Accounting Department as needed. This position will provide support to the Controller, Senior Accountant, and Financial Analyst directly, but will work with other departments to complete projects and tasks as assigned.
Essential Job Functions
· Perform monthly and daily reconciliations within established deadlines. Prepares necessary entries to prevent aged items.
· Perform month end close processes and complete any required entries.
· Prepare monthly management reports.
· Assist the Senior Accountant in the preparation of the quarterly call report.
· Researches and identifies outstanding items or variances during the month.
· Responsible for backing up the Accounts Payable function.
· Provide analysis and reporting as needed.
· Reconcile ARCU to Symitar at month end and correct any unassigned items.
· Records fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system.
· Monitors and tracks the capital projects compared to budget and works with project managers to make sure projects stay on budget. Identifies problem projects and brings to management’s attention.
· Supports the preparation of documentation and responds to other requests by auditors, examiners, and other third parties as needed.
· Perform and submit escheatment as needed based on state requirements.
· Reconcile ATM & ITM transactions daily and post any necessary entries to balance the accounts.
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Mimiumum of 2 years experience
- Working knowledge of accounting practices
- Proficient in the use of MS Office products