2744 Century Boulevard
Wyomissing, PA 19610
At Discovery Federal Credit Union, we are dedicated to making the experience of coming to work each day with us friendly and engaging! We are a family, and the time we spend together if full of support, collaboration, and camaraderie, plus it's fun! We are also serious-minded professionals who take our responsibilities to heart. We are 100% dedicated to the member experience and helping our members, our neighbors, our community, our families, and everyone we contact live better lives financially. And this dedication shines through in everything we do.
As a successful Universal Associate, you will be the first person our members, prospective members, vendors, and others see when they visit the credit union. In fact, members may think of you when they think of Discovery FCU, making your job one of the most important.
What's in it for YOU
You’ll be a financial services guru. You’ll report to the Members Experience Manager, gain a solid understanding of the structure of a credit union, it’s purpose, and how we’re different than a bank. We’ll equip you with knowledge of products and services, and compliance with financial regulations. This in-depth knowledge prepares the successful candidate for career growth within the credit union.
Great benefits. Beyond healthcare, dental and vision insurance, we offer personal time off, employee discounts on loans, employee referral incentives, and more.
This is a career. The Universal Associate position is the foundation of a career with Discovery FCU. You will participate in a robust training program that will develop your skills and knowledge. We believe in investing in our employees’ growth , including continuing education, and we promote from within.
You help our members afford life. At Discovery FCU, you have the opportunity to make a difference. The joy that comes with making a member’s day, and maybe helping them buy their first house or go to college, is an incredibly good feeling.
FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
The Universal Associate is responsible for a high-level of member service that encompasses all aspects of the comprehensive services we offer including, but not limited to: account opening, loan applications, processing monetary transactions to include check cashing, deposits, loan & credit card payments in a confidential and responsible manner. This position requires an in-depth knowledge of our entire products/services in order to facilitate the high level of service that our members expect and deserve.
The successful Universal Associate will:
- Deliver extraordinary member service with integrity by demonstrating and maintaining exceptional knowledge and expertise of all products and services.
- Ensures error free and accurate completion of all member requests including: account openings, loan applications, servicing requests and routine bank transactions, withdrawals, and transfers
- Perform advanced frontline transactions like IRAs, CDs, wire transfers, and calmly handle disputes
- Respond to incoming calls, emails and other messages timely and accurately including promptly researching and resolving member questions, problems, and complaints by telephone, through written correspondence, or in person
- Promotes and cross-sell products and services, based on member need
- Use expertise to facilitate and deliver efficient, accurate and professional service of all loan products, also including the ability to gather background information on the loan applicant by using professional interviewing skills
- Pull credit reports and council members as needed to improve their scores. Process loans with heightened complexity, value, and risk. Understand and calculate ratios to determine ability to repay
- Educate members on products and services available through appropriate sales activities (GAP/Warranty)
- Assists with auditing/balancing of the vault
- Utilize sound judgment skills to maintain a safe and secure environment
- Embrace and utilize multiple technology platforms
- Respect and support others by providing constructive feedback, guidance, and motivation as needed
- Demonstrate and own your commitment to continuous education to include working towards a Certified Credit Union Financial Counselor through online / in-class studies
- Support an environment for credit union growth and process improvement through innovative suggestions and ideas
- Actively participate in any special projects, other duties, or events that support the credit union and/or the community
- Actively participate in testing new software releases
- Any other duties that will help drive our member service commitment, culture, and credit union value
Teamwork – works effectively and productively with others. Balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, puts success of team above own interests, able to build morale, supports everyone’s efforts to succeed, recognize accomplishments of other team members.
Personal Effectiveness – demonstrates initiative, self-confidence, resiliency and a willingness to take responsibility for personal actions.
Decision Making – utilize effective processes to make decisions.
Dependability – be reliable, responsible, and dependable to fulfill obligations.
Business Ethics – treat people with respect, keeps commitments, inspires trust of others, works with integrity and ethically, and upholds CU values.
Communications – expresses ideas and thoughts verbally and in written form, exhibits good listening and comprehension, keeps others adequately informed, selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Conflict Resolution – encourages open communication, confronts difficult situations, maintains objectivity, and keeps emotions under control.
Innovation – meets challenges with resourcefulness, generate suggestions for improving work, develops innovative approaches and idea, presents ideas and information in a matter that gets others’ attention.
Adaptability - ability to work effectively and productively with others, maintain a balance team and while managing individual responsibilities.
COMPLIANCE AND REGULATONS
- Adhere to all operational, regulatory, and security requirements and procedures.
- Comply with all requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act, The Patriot Act, OFAC, CIP, Reg CC Holds and all credit union policies and procedures relating to or arising from these laws and applicable government regulations.
- Maintain and renew any required registrations. (i.e. Notary Republic, NMLS, etc.).
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 2 years prior financial institution experience, preferably with a credit union.
- Associate Degree in accounting/business administration/finance or related experience a plus.
- Signature Guarantee Certification.
- High level of accountability, efficiency, and accuracy.
- Advanced computer skills.
Interested applicants should forward a resume to:
Member Services Manager