Blue Federal Credit Union
Blue Federal Credit Union is hiring a VP of Deposit and Loan Operations to build sustainable deposit and loan support operations that exceed member’s expectations every day. A leader to enhance internal operations through technology, training and using data to drive and implement strategies.
You will sit at the executive level amongst a team of Vice Presidents in charge of all credit union operations. Collaboration with other areas to ensure deposit (ACH, mobile deposits, share drafts, wires) and loan (Title and Mortgage Liens, loan insurance products, and processing) support operations continue to drive advancing processes and ever improving accuracy, quality, and timeliness of all functions.
As VP of Deposit and Loan Operations your responsibilities will include:
• Strategic Leadership - Incorporating credit union strategies into the Operations Teams.
• Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains management-level staff in the division.
• Is a driver of innovation for their areas of responsibility.
• Oversees the organizational charge for efficient, accurate and compliant processing of member transactions.
• Responsible for modernization and timely review of processes for compliant activities that create a constant method of improvement.
• Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations and handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with credit union policy.
• Implements and communicates the strategic direction of the organization and drives operations division activities to ensure successful implementation of strategic goals.
• Collaborates with executive leadership to develop and meet credit union goals while supplying expertise and guidance on operations projects and systems.
• Collaborates with and at times drives other divisions and departments to carry out the operations group goals and objectives that further the CU strategies.
• Identifies, recommends, and implements new processes, technologies, and systems to improve and streamline organizational processes and use of resources and materials.
• Ensures that departmental decisions and project plans such as those for staffing, development, industry requirements, software usage/proposals/acquisitions are in line with the organization’s business plan and vision.
• Credit Union deposit operations including automated clearing house (ACH), mobile deposit, cash letter, share draft and loan payment processing.
• Credit Union Title operations including nation-wide collateral securitization responsibilities.
• Credit Union Lending support to include add-on insurance products and loan processing.
• Establishes, communicates, and implements operations-related policies, practices, standards, and security measures to ensure compliant, effective and consistent support and execution.
• Reviews and approves cost-control reports, cost estimates, and staffing requirements for projects.
• Establishes and administers the department’s budget.
• Presents periodic performance reports and metrics to the chief executive officer and other leadership.
• Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in operations management.
• Identifies training needs and ensures proper training is developed and provided.
You are a strong candidate for this role if you have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or another industry-related field required; MBA preferred.
• 10+ years of industry-related experience including three years in upper management required.
• Experience with ACH (Automated Clearing House), Share draft clearing, mobile and ATM deposits, Federal Reserve, Loan collateral title processing, mortgage liens, loan add-on insurance products, and loan processing.
• Experience working in product development, technical roles, and/or leading large operations teams is a significant plus
• Comfort presenting to and interacting with internal senior leaders with the ability to win over strong personalities and reconcile competing points of view through data-driven storytelling.
Apply online at Blue Federal Credit Unions Careers page: