Solarity Credit Union
Yakima, WA 98902
Solarity Credit Union is seeking a Vice President of Finance, Accounting & Payments (REMOTE OPPORTUNITY)!
Our Vice President (VP) of Finance, Accounting & Payments will serve as a key member of Solarity's leadership team. Your expertise will be relied upon to help us achieve both tactical and strategic progress toward our goals.
We will be asking for your contributions across a broad spectrum of activity. This will include the planning and overseeing of our accounting endeavors in areas such as process improvement, quality assurance, and accounting/ reporting operations. This includes creating and enhancing systems to provide accurate and timely financial reporting that is in compliance with GAAP, regulations, management and investor requirements.
You will also be responsible for continuous improvement in Central Operations processes to achieve the maximum efficiency and the best Member and Staff Experience. You will serve as a liaison among Branch Operations, Audit, Compliance, IT and other departments impacting the delivery of services to Members. Achieving satisfactory Exams, compliance reviews and audits will also be key deliverables. The minimization of fraud and other operational losses is paramount as is the increase in ease and simplicity of use for complex and specialized systems.
A day in the life of our VP of Finance, Accounting & Payments...
As a VP of Finance, Accounting & Payments with Solarity, your typical day may include:
- Effectively leading, directing, and monitoring the daily efforts of the finance, accounting and central operations staff
- Responding to inquiries from staff, peers and executive leadership as the subject matter expert in topics of accounting interpretations, financial analysis and payment processing activity
- Monitoring financial activity to identify and explain unusual activity or trends in income, expenses, assets or liabilities as reflected in the general ledger.
- Developing and maintaining effective monitoring tools to ensure that staff are meeting productivity, accuracy and compliance related standards of performance
- Remaining current in your knowledge of industry, regulatory and technology trends through continuing education and industry peer networks
- Ensuring that financial, accounting or activity related reports issued by finance, accounting and central operations are accurate and delivered timely.
- Ensuring the credit union achieve satisfactory audit, exam, and compliance results.
- Contributing to our initiatives to minimize fraud and other operational losses.
- Taking part in and perpetuating our world-class culture.
- Acting as a community leader through community involvement.
What else can you expect?
- A highly competitive salary range with a potential performance-based annual bonus.
- A comprehensive benefits package low cost medical, dental, vision, life, and disability coverage for yourself and your family with a generous employer contribution to your HSA account.
- Generous paid time off allowances plus 11 paid holidays annually.
- A substantial retirement program match of up to 6% of your annual earnings.
- An employee wellness program including EAP coverage and gym reimbursement.
- Tuition reimbursement / student loan repayment programs.
- An organizational culture that is committed to your success.
- Significant opportunity for career growth.
- A Supportive leadership team.
- Excellent member service-oriented culture.
- Remote (telecommuting) work opportunity.
What we need from you...
- At least 5 years of related progressive experience, preferably in a financial institution environment.
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience required.
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Familiarity with principals of Asset Liability Management & Interest Rate Risk analysis in a depository institution.
- Exposure to principals of financial modeling, forecast and budgeting.
- Knowledge of payment & debit/card processing, interchange activity and ATM operations.
- Past responsibility for regulatory reporting to OCC, FRB, NCUA, FDIC, IRS, or similar.
- Interest in career progression in the next 3-5 years to an Executive level leadership role.
Solarity Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status. Solarity Credit Union participates in E-Verify.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 509.248.1720, ext. 1520 for assistance.