University of Kentucky Federal Credit Union
1730 Alysheba Way
Lexington, KY 40509
UKFCU is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran. UKFCU invites you to review the current "EEO Is the Law" poster as part of the application process. A link to the most current posters is here. Please also see the 2015 Supplemental EEO Poster here.
Applications are only accepted through our online application system. However, if you need assistance with any part of the application process or are unable to apply online because of a medical condition or disability and need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com to let us know the nature of your request. Please note, UKFCU accepts only employment applications that are complete and received by the Office of Human Resources by the specified deadline for each opening.
Title: Vice President, Human Resources
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
Job Grade: 18
Job Purpose: The Vice President of Human Resources focuses on the effective use of people, processes and projects to achieve the strategic goals of the UK Federal Credit Union. Responsible for developing and executing human resource strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the credit union. Areas of Human Resources include talent acquisition, talent management, organizational development and learning, compensation, HR technology, employee relationships, wellness, payroll and benefits administration.
Essential Job Results:
JOB SPECIFIC RESULTS
- Provides strategic direction for the daily operations of the Human Resources department. Prepare action plan for Human Resources based on the strategic plan of the credit union.
- Overall responsibility of the effective recruitment and successful onboarding of qualified internal and external candidates for all positions.
- Establish, implement and monitor HR policies and procedures for compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. Serve as a knowledgeable resource to supervisors and employees regarding questions about policies and procedures.
- Establishes budget, revenue, expense and capital expenditure plans and monitors progress.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends, employment legislation and best practices to help improve the credit union’s competitive position and ensure compliance.
- Works with regulatory agencies and auditors.
- Assumes responsibility for all processes related to the human resources department, including payroll, recruitment, selection, performance counseling, performance appraisal, base pay, incentive compensation, benefits, employee surveys and communications (including the communication of corporate culture, including diversity awareness and appreciation), long-range staffing planning, organizational development, safety programs, file maintenance and special events.
- Responsible for establishing and monitoring the wage and salary structure and classification system for all positions. Responsible for position management by reviewing requests for new positions and reclassification requests.
- Overall responsibility for development and implementation of an effective performance management program. Provide counsel and direction to managers on employee relations, coaching, employee performance issues, disciplinary actions and work improvement plans.
- Responsible for the development of effective training and professional development activities for all positions throughout the credit union.
- Foster an inclusive and respectful workplace culture. Oversee the development and implementation of the UK Federal Credit Union Affirmative Action Program and Equal Employment Opportunity policies.
- Provide leadership to drive continuous improvement in alignment with credit union goals to reduce costs and improve efficiencies in Human Resources.
GENERAL MANAGEMENT RESULTS
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees, maintaining a safe and secure work environment, and developing personal growth opportunities.
- Mentors staff by providing individual guidance and technical expertise.
- Works with the risk management department to conduct random audits of employees’ work.
- Accomplishes staff job results and departmental goals by coaching, counseling and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; effectively scheduling staff to meet the credit union’s needs; planning, monitoring and appraising job results; conducting training; initiating, coordinating, implementing and enforcing systems, policies and procedures; and keeping supervisor updated on issues on a regular basis.
- Completes operations by developing schedules; assigning and monitoring work; gathering resources; implementing productivity standards; resolving operations problems; maintaining reference manuals; implementing new procedures; keeping supervisor informed of problems and solutions.
- Maintains department policies and procedures by assessing practices, identifying strengths and weaknesses, and recommending changes to the supervisor.
- Maintains operations by initiating, recommending, coordinating and enforcing operational and personnel policies and procedures; and coordinating, developing and maintaining comprehensive procedures for each position in the operational area of responsibility.
- Manages diversity in the workplace by understanding, supporting and practicing equal employment opportunity regulations and participating in all mandatory training regarding this and related topics.
GENERAL STAFF RESULTS
- Maintains member and employee confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential and sharing on a business-related as-needed basis only.
- Engages in problem resolution by clarifying the member’s and/or employee’s complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution; and keeping the supervisor informed of problems and solutions.
- Complies with UKFCU policies and procedures by enforcing and adhering to internal UKFCU procedures and board-established policies.
- Complies with federal, state and local regulations and legal requirements by enforcing and adhering to requirements.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by maintaining an awareness of competitors’ rates and terms, industry trends and technology; attending staff meetings; identifying opportunities to attend seminars that enhance skills and maintain knowledge of new products that could assist in improving operational effectiveness; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to a team effort by accomplishing corporate and individual goals and other related results as needed.
- Professionalism in all communications.
- Commitment to the Credit Union movement and philosophy.
- Integrity in all actions.
- Ability to identify the needs of the member and provide services to meet those needs.
- Accountability to established metrics and performance goals.
- Ten years of similar or related experience, including a generalist background in personnel administration, compensation, benefits, training, payroll and employee relations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or equivalent.
- SPHR and/or SHRM-SCP certification preferred.
- Advanced PC and general computer keyboarding experience.
- Ability to communicate with others one-on-one and in groups, fielding questions and responding to complaints.
- Ability to motivate and influence others, foster sound relationships, present a trustworthy and diplomatic image, and deal effectively with others concerning topics of a personal or sensitive nature.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions while dealing with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to write reports, correspondence, policies and procedures.
- Ability to work independently.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and stand. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee will be required to work indoors in a climate controlled office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The mental characteristics necessary to competently perform this job include the occasional need to be persuasive, use good judgment; and, the continuous need to use auditory perception, memory, and reasoning ability.
*The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of results that will be required of the positions given this title, and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically outlined in this description.
Submit your application at the link below!