Session 1: Build A More Positive and Productive Culture through Strategic Leadership—March 19, 2019, 12:00 p.m. Central Time
Session 2: 10 Tactics for Landing that Promotion—March 26, 2019, 12:00 p.m. Central Time
Presenter: Shari Storm, CEO, Category 6 Consulting
Session 1: Learn techniques for building an environment that is drama free, where employees feel valued and empowered. Often small changes in the way we interact with our teams can have a long and lasting impact on their job satisfaction. We will discuss ways of handling staff during difficult times–especially during times of change.
Learn the art of motivating others, and yourself, to be more productive, more effective and to enjoy your job more.
Session 2: 10 Tactics for Landing that Promotion. Learn the 10 things you should be doing to improve your chances of landing that dream job.
In this course, you will learn to:
- Learn to recognize where you are on the communication continuum and to use that understanding to appropriately and effectively communicate with others
- Personalize your communications so that people are more responsive to your message
- Temper your responses so that you act with high executive function in difficult situations
- Give your team the opportunity to be their best selves and to rise to the occasion when needed
- Determine the most appropriate duties for each of your team members
- Orchestrate an environment where employees go the extra mile for the credit union
- Use celebrations to solidify a healthy culture, motivate teams, and enhance the work atmosphere
- From being the most in-demand team player to asking for a raise
- Learn ten things that will increase your positive impact and your visibility at your credit union
Estimated Time Commitment (per week):
1.5 first week. 1 second week.
What Makes This Course Different:
Shari Storm was an executive for a credit union and oversaw diverse departments (IT, Marketing). Her management book has been used by companies such as Coscto, John Deere, and The Airlines Human Resources Association. She has presented to companies large and small all over the country in countless industries, but credit unions are still where her passion lies.
About the Presenter:
Category 6 Consulting
Shari spent 16 years as an executive at a Seattle credit union, where she oversaw marketing and IT.
Her proudest accomplishments at Verity Credit Union included being named an Innovator of the Decade by Net.Banker, heading up the successful Verity Mom campaign, and participating in Filene's prestigious i3 program.
Her first book, Motherhood is the New MBA: Using Your Parenting Skills to be a Better Boss was published by St. Martin's Press. With almost 20,000 copies sold, it has been translated into Mandarin and purchased for publications in four countries. The book has received tremendous press, including Time and Redbook magazines, Martha Stewart's radio, BusinessWeek online, the Costco Connection and the cover of the Metro News New York, to name a few.
Shari has been named a Woman of Influence by CU Times. She has been featured in American Banker, Credit Union Journal, CU Times, Credit Union BUSINESS, Credit Union Management, and The CEO Report.
She is now the CEO of Category 6 Consulting, which specializes in developing strategy with a strong focus on culture, marketing and fintech. Shari received her undergraduate degree from University of Washington and her MBA from Seattle University. She is also a graduate of the three-year CUES CEO Institute program. Shari lives in Edmonds, WA with her three young daughters, her movie-making husband and a dog named Cedar.