Designed for senior leaders who manage risk, CUES School of Enterprise Risk Management focuses on elevating risk management’s role in creating value for members and the credit union.
As stand-alone function, enterprise risk management is often viewed as a necessary evil and an impediment to member experience and efficiency. High performing organizations are those which integrate risk management into the credit union’s overall strategy, culture, and processes.
The school will examine risk elements in each function and line of business, and cover cyber security and risk based capital management. We’ll also identify key risk metrics that should be part of any balanced scorecard or dashboard. Attendees will learn how to:
- Optimize risk management in key processes like product development, process design and project management
- Improve and inform strategic planning and capital management using ERM
- Provide alternative approaches to regulatory and control requirements without stifling member experience and innovation
- Combine risk, finance and planning to drive more robust business and capital plans, and improve financial performance, even the face of risk-based capital
Attendees will develop actionable steps to use at their credit union through small group exercises, presentations and classroom discussion.
Who Should Attend?
This school is ideal for:
- Senior executives
- Risk managers
- CEOs interested in improving risk management
- Directors and Supervisory Committee members
ALL CANCELLATIONS MUST BE IN WRITING. (email@example.com)
- Prior to 60 days – full refund
- 31-60 days before start of event – 50% refund
- 0-30 days before start of event – no refund
Substitute attendees are welcome, subject to eligibility. CUES reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the event due to unforeseen circumstances, and will refund fees if the event is rescheduled or location is changed and you are unable to attend.
Attendees can earn continuing professional education credits. This school meets the following standards:
- CPE credits earned: up to 31
- Program level: overview
- Delivery method: group-live
- Field of Study: Business Management & Organization
- Prerequisites: not required for this program
Credit Union Executives Society (CUES) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
*CPE Credits subject to change without notice.