Board Chair Development Seminar is a two day, highly interactive seminar, covering the role of the board chair from A to Z.
We’ll review and discuss the typical responsibilities and challenges of being chair, with recommendations on chair behavior and deliverables drawn directly from the most recent literature and surveys of boards and chairpersons.
Attendees will be able to share best practices and success stories, and bring up any challenges they wish to discuss.
- The chair/CEO partnership
- Critical domains for chairperson leadership
- The chair’s role in leading the governance process
- Governance oversight of performance and risk
You’ll also develop personal action plans to prepare you for a successful “back at home” conversation with your board about enhancing governance performance.
Board Chair Development Seminar provides much more than an overview—it presents a comprehensive knowledge base to help your credit union thrive.
Register soon! Rates increase $400 after July 27, 2018.
Who Should Attend?
Board Chair Development Seminar is ideal for:
- Board chairs who are committed to improving leadership skills
- High potential board members likely to become chairs in the future
- Past attendees of CUES Director Development Seminar or CUES Director Strategy Seminar who want to take their knowledge to a new level
ALL CANCELLATIONS MUST BE IN WRITING. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Prior to 60 days – full refund
- 31-60 days before start of event – 50% refund
- 0-30 days before start of event – no refund
Substitute attendees are welcome, subject to eligibility. CUES reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the event due to unforeseen circumstances, and will refund fees if the event is rescheduled or location is changed and you are unable to attend.
- Program Level: Overview
- Delivery Method: Group-Live
- Advanced Preparation: No advance preparation is required
Credit Union Executives Society (CUES) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, through its website www.nasbaregistry.org.