You'll receive a hard copy, high-level seminar synopsis to share with your colleagues back home summarizing this program's key takeaways and action items.
The rise of financial technology, fintech, over the past few years has changed the very definition of “financial services”. The competition is getting stronger and is no longer limited to just a narrow peer group of similar institutions.
Moreover, every part of traditional finance business models are under attack by creative and well-funded new competitors from Silicon Valley and beyond. Today’s leaders need to understand this changing landscape, and they need to be able to navigate their teams and their institutions through it safely and profitably.
Course objectives include:
- Educate today’s leaders on the most critical issues as fintech becomes an increasingly important part of the industry landscape, both internally and externally
- Share best practices from the leaders that are thriving in this era of digital disruption
- Provide clarity on emerging opportunities and threats, along with options and strategies to get ahead of them
- Actionable takeaways that can be applied immediately to get results fast
Why Should I Attend?
The rise of fintech means that change is now happening at a revolutionary pace. Every product and service that we offer and every line on our income statements, now have one or more non-traditional substitutions. It’s now possible for consumers and businesses to conduct their entire financial lives without direct relationships with traditional financial institutions.
The financial industry has so far survived the assault of its would-be disruptors, but we are still in the very early stages. The future will almost certainly continue to have some form of ‘banking’ as we know it, but that doesn’t mean that the industry isn’t being disrupted.
Disruption does not necessarily mean that the industry and all of its current participants will suddenly cease to exist. Disruptive innovation changes the game by creating new markets and new relationships between organizations and individuals, and that is already happening.
Yes, the industry will survive— but the real question is, how will your institution survive if you don’t adapt and create options for your future in a rapidly changing world?
Meal Plan Option (Separate registration required):
Your companion is welcome to join you for breakfast, lunch and afternoon breaks. The cost for the meal plan is $235. A badge is required for these meal functions.
Who Should Attend?
This is the perfect opportunity for your board to attend both events together. Be sure to send your:
- Board chair
- Board officers
- Supervisory committee members
- Past attendees of CUES' Supervisory Committee Development Seminar
ALL CANCELLATIONS MUST BE IN WRITING. (email@example.com)
- Prior to 60 days – full refund
- 31-60 days before start of event – 50% refund
- 0-30 days before start of event – no refund
Substitute attendees are welcome, subject to eligibility. CUES reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the event due to unforeseen circumstances, and will refund fees if the event is rescheduled or location is changed and you are unable to attend.
Attendees can earn continuing professional education credits. This school meets the following standards:
- CPE credits earned: up to 20
- Program level: overview
- Delivery method: group-live
- Preparation: no advance preparation is required
- Prerequisites: not required for this program
Field of Study: business management and organization
Credit Union Executives Society (CUES) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
*CPE Credits subject to change without notice.