CUES Emerge is a new emerging leader program that combines online learning, peer collaboration and an exciting competition component.
Who is Eligible?
- Any current credit union employee who has not yet reached the CEO level is eligible to apply. All applications must include a leader endorsement.
- There are no geographic restrictions. Applicants can be from any country or credit union.
- There is no limit to the number of applicants from a single credit union, however, the number of credit union employees that are selected from a single credit union to participate will be limited.
- To be eligible to receive the Certified Credit Union Manager designation, the information associated with the participant’s application must be true and accurate.
The application period begins on January 5, 2021 and ends on February 10, 2021. Interested parties are invited to submit an application during the application phase at CUESemerge.com.
The CUES Emerge Competition Phase begins on August 11, 2021 and ends on October 11, 2021. CUES has the right to change the dates or time frames of any portion of the competition without notice.
A. Eligibility Criteria
This Competition Phase is open only to those that have completed the Education Phase in the current year. There are no geographic restrictions.
B. How to Enter
To enter, go to the CUES Emerge website and check the “I want to participate in the Competition Phase” when submitting your Business Case. Business Case submissions are due at 11 p.m. ET on June 21, 2021. Submissions received after that time will not be eligible to move onto the Competition Phase.
Your entry submission must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible:
- A completed business case that meets the technical specifications required for it to be uploaded to, and received by, the CUES Emerge website by the business case submission deadline.
- Not contain any objectionable language or images.
- Not contain any content that violates any law or any third party's rights (including trademark, copyright, privacy and intellectual property rights).
- Be submitted in English.
In the event of a dispute, applications shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the entry (the “Applicant”). All applications are subject entirely to the discretion of the Presenter, whose decisions are final. Each entry that meets the criteria above and that is submitted in accordance with these Rules, will become eligible for the Competition Phase. Only one entry per person will be accepted. Multiple entries will be disqualified. Chances of winning depend on the number and skill level of Participants.
Identifying the Top 5
All business cases will be reviewed and evaluated by the judging panel. The five (5) entrants with the highest rating will become the Top 5 and participate in the online pitch show. Finalists will be advised by email and announced on the website on or about August 11, 2021.
Determining the Competition Winners
Each of the Top 5 will participate in the online pitch show hosted by Currency on October 6, 2021.
Awarding the Prizes
For the Top 3 — The Top 3 emerging leaders will receive a tiered educational prize package.
If a Finalist cannot continue as a Finalist, the Presenter retains the right to offer the spot to another contestant.
The CUES Emerge Winner agrees to provide updates for CUES Emerge highlighting their experiences of the program.
The Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable. The Prize is not redeemable for cash. If a potential winner cannot accept the Prize as awarded, his or her entry will be forfeited and another eligible contestant may be selected. Any costs associated with accepting the Prize shall be the sole responsibility of the winner.
Where will this Award be Presented?
The CUES Emerging Leader Award will be presented during the CUES Awards program.