First Commerce Credit Union
2073 Summit Lake Drive
Tallahassee , Florida 32317
The Chief Information Officer (CIO) is tasked with furthering FCCU’s overall technology innovation and solutions philosophy and defining the strategy for continuous technological innovation in such a way that drives significant value within the credit union as well as for its members. The CIO must ensure the alignment of the technology vision with business strategy, and drive technology innovation throughout the entire organization. The CIO serves as a member of the FCCU Senior Executive Team and plays an integral role in driving the strategic direction of the institution.
• Collaborate with the executive team on the strategic planning and management of the organization to assure the overall success of FCCU; and involve the IT staff in developing the necessary supporting information technology solutions to support the strategic direction.
• Prepare and present technological solutions to the organization to assure timely application to meet the ongoing operations of the organization and assure effective documentation and training is provided to support staff effectiveness. Manage vendor relations through contract negotiations, budget management, directing purchasing decisions, problem resolution and technology deployment to effectively and efficiently address the current and projected technological objectives of FCCU’s operations.
• Participate on the Senior Executive Team; define strategic technology innovation and solutions plans, projects and teams, with responsibility for maintaining FCCU’s technology innovation and solutions strategy; define the requirements for new implementations and communicate them to key business stakeholders.
• Participate in executive management decision-making and improve the operational and business efficiencies of the credit union and future enhancements to maximize analysis, efficiencies, revenue streams and profit.
• Track new technology developments in the financial services and retail sectors to ensure that FCCU maintains the appropriate technology to achieve its strategic objectives.
• Advance teamwork and drive service excellence and a member-focus. Continually strive for ways to enhance member security and confidence to encourage participation in digital banking and other products and services from FCCU. Interface with various internal groups as necessary to create solid business processes capable of creating and maintaining effective technology systems and explore new technical options that could provide additional organizational services to address consumer needs.
• Remain current in all regulatory and data security requirements and industry standards through study, conferences, educational sessions, etc. to assure the safety and soundness of the organization.
• Lead overall business technology planning, bringing current knowledge of the future vision of technology and solutions as related to FCCU’s competitive position.
• Determine long term enterprise-wide information needs and develop overall strategy for systems development and integration in order to achieve and sustain channel convergence within the FCCU organization.
• Measure and deliver IT services to business units and departments in accordance with published service level agreements.
• Plan and control department staffing, succession planning, and professional development for the technology innovation and solutions team members.
• Oversee the Information Technology, Enterprise Applications, Digital Banking, and Data Analytics team members. Work closely with the leadership in all departments to ensure goals are met and all policies and procedures within the departments comply with the credit union standard.
• Lead the organizational and fiscal reviews for the purpose of identifying issues as related to information/data services, design and document control and create strategies necessary to service a growing and changing business environment.
• Represent the credit union in various community activities and through professional affiliations to reinforce the organization’s value to the community and promote membership growth.
Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences, Information Systems, Business or other related discipline required. Master’s degree preferred.
Computer and network certifications A+ and Network+ preferred.
Industry security certification (i.e., CISSP, CISM, GIAC, etc.) preferred.
Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
Minimum of 10 years of experience leading, planning, and maintaining technology innovation and computer systems in organizations of scale with at least five - eight years in leadership positions in organizations in the financial services with multiple geographic locations required.
Advanced experience with software applications, computer networking, credit union applications, systems security, and telephone systems required.
Advanced experience serving internal members within a multi-facility environment required.
Knowledge of Symitar and Temenos systems is highly beneficial.
Experience with strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources; as well as the ability to independently manage the details of multiple programs and projects, to track activities and meet deadlines is essential.