American Eagle Financial Credit Union
333 East River Drive
East Hartford, Connecticut 06128
We are looking for an innovative and collaborative leader to serve our members as Vice President of Consumer Lending! You’ll be directly responsible for elevating the member experience with our auto lending (direct and indirect), personal loan, credit cards, and student loan solutions. That will include ensuring we have the right solutions to deliver financial freedom across our footprint. As a member of our Officer team, you’ll serve an important role in shaping the future of the largest community-based credit union in the state.
Your success will depend on your ability to create the optimal conditions for your talented team to reach their potential, so leadership is paramount. In addition to a history of inspiring success, we are looking for demonstrated capabilities in designing the lending process from production to point of sale, a deep understanding of credit, and specific expertise in indirect and direct consumer lending.
You’ll be a member of a lending team that includes our VP of Real Estate Lending, new VP of Business Banking position and Director of Lending Quality Assurance, partnering to ensure we cover all the lending needs of our members and revolutionizing our lending platform.
Join a high performing community-based credit union that has been recognized as one of the best companies to work for in Connecticut! We value inspirational leadership and trailblazing ideas – bring yours to our table!
More about your role and what success looks like:
• Direct lending platform models and philosophies that optimize growth opportunities and enhance member experience.
• Preserve and engage the high-performing lending team through continued coaching, development, and mentorship.
• Maximize your resources: use technology, history, and market predictions to harvest data-driven decision-making
• Use the lens of holistic continuous improvement throughout all facets of your contributions: competitive advantage, quality control, risk management, compliance, productivity, and profitability.
• Partner with the Lending Oversight Committee to resolve complex issues and corrective actions that require resilient teamwork.
• Formulate your vision on growth through innovation within the annual strategic plan and budget.
• Be the face of the Consumer Lending platform. Establish meaningful connections that will help evolve and advance our mission forward.
• Be a best practice connoisseur. We want your expertise on trends and legislation to stay on top of operational compliance and improvements.