Firefighters First Credit Union
815 Colorado Blvd.
Los Angeles, California 90041
Since 1935, firefighters and their families have counted on the support and services of Firefighters First Credit Union. We have since expanded nationwide and grown from over 800 members our first year to 46,000 members and over $1.4 billion in assets. Firefighters First Credit Union is looking for an experienced Vice President of Lending who will play a key role as we continue to expand and deliver exceptional financial products and services exclusively to the fire service industry nationwide.
The Vice President of Lending is responsible for strategic leadership and program development supporting the Credit Union’s real estate, consumer lending, and asset recovery goals and the creation and maintenance of an environment valuing employees and building trust. This role leads research and feasibility studies, design, and implementation of programs and policies essential to a well formed lending organization. The VP of Lending builds the Credit Union’s real estate and consumer lending portfolios through pro-active planning, development, implementation and management of all loan origination and servicing facets of the Credit Union’s lending programs.
- Establish and lead the strategy, direction, objectives, and operations for the consumer and real estate lending, loan servicing, and asset recovery departments.
- Train, coach, supervise, and performance manage lending leaders and team members.
- Continually improve our lending products and services, and optimize processes and systems.
- Lead the research and implementation of new consumer lending, real estate lending, and asset recovery systems, products and services to meet member needs with a strong focus on net income, growth, and legendary service.
- Analyze market and economic trends to prepare budget forecasts for the portfolio.
- Monitor secondary market activities and determine pricing strategies.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties and assignments as needed.
- Travel as needed to attend meetings, conferences, training, and other work-related events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or a related field.
- Minimum of 6 years’ of progressively responsible experience in a financial institution, including 4 years in a leadership role.
- Experience developing and implementing new products and services.
- Master’s degree.
- Experience driving continuous improvement across products, services, processes, systems and technology using key metrics to analyze objective and subjective measures of efficiency, effectiveness, and quality to inform decisions.
- Ability to lead and motivate team members to achieve results. Ability to clearly define and communicate the strategy, direction, and objectives for the consumer and real estate lending, loan servicing, and asset recovery departments. Ability to manage across departments and remote locations to achieve results. Ability to lead cross-organizational initiatives and project teams.
- Knowledge of lending and asset recovery processes and systems.
- Knowledge of federal and state lending and asset recovery regulations and compliance requirements.
- Knowledge of current industry offers, market trends, competitors, and credit union lending and member service policies and procedures.
- Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages, draw and interpret graphs, and accurately extrapolate probable outcomes from sampled data.
- Ability to anticipate and meet members’ needs, understand products and services from members’ point of view, and continually improve service to offer members an exceptional experience across all access channels.
- Demonstrates analytical thinking, problem solving, decision making, and judgment by gathering and applying relevant data to research, analyze, and resolve issues, develop strategies and plans, and progress the business.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast paced, high-volume environment.
- Speaks and writes English using the correct vocabulary, grammar, tone, and organization.
- Ability to adjust communication content, style, and presentation to fit a variety of audiences including executives, employees, vendors, members, and other external stakeholders and agencies.
- Experience performing basic office functions such as answering phones, copying papers, assembling reports, scheduling meetings, and sending and receiving correspondence.
- Ability to use office software to create written documents (e.g., MS Word and PowerPoint) and prepare spreadsheets (e.g., MS Excel).
- Demonstrates experience and behavior consistent with FFCU’s core values of competence, integrity, excellence, curiosity, positivity, and humility.
Please apply on our website: https://firefirstcu.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/144?c=firefirstcu