Welcome to CUES Director Education Center! These interactive learning pathways are designed to help support and enhance your knowledge as a board member. All sections and courses are continually updated to insure the most reliable and up-to-date information is available.
Note: all courses launch through CUES Learning Portal. To successfully access any of the courses below, you will need to have your CUES Learning Portal page set up. To do this, please be sure you are logged into cues.org, click on My Account (upper right corner of the screen) and My CUES Learning Portal from the dropdown. A new tab will open within your browser and will walk through a brief onboarding process. After this you can return to the cues.org tab and click on any of the below links to access the courses.
CUES Director Education Center includes courses on:
- A History of the Credit Union System
- Delegation of Board Authority to Management
- Recruitment, Election and Orientation of New Board Members
- *The Bank Secrecy Act and the Role of the Board
- The Role and Responsibilities of a Credit Union Board
- The Role and Responsibilities of Board Committees and Task Forces
- The Role of the Board in Strategic Planning
- The Role of the Board in Establishing an Effective Risk Management Framework
- The Role of the Board in Monitoring Performance
- The Role of the Board in Recruiting, Compensating and Assessing the CEO
- The Role of the Board in Reporting to the Membership
- The Role of the Board in Strategic Relationships and Mergers
- Understanding Credit Union Financial Statements
*not recommended for our Canadian credit union members
Questions? Please email email@example.com.
Please note: Internet Explorer is no longer a supported browser. Please use Google Chrome , Mozilla Firefox , Microsoft Edge or Safari . Please also ensure that you have enabled pop-ups for this website.