A Report on the CUES Talent Development Survey
CUES launched its first-ever talent development survey among credit union CEOs, executives and HR managers in the spring of 2020 and repeated the survey in 2021. The questionnaire, administered by Acuitim Marketing Research and Consulting, was designed to achieve the following research objectives:
- Understand the most challenging aspects of talent development at credit unions.
- Survey how credit union leaders plan to address those challenges and how they self-assess their progress in addressing their aims.
- Evaluate alignment of the strategic plan with talent development needs.
- Gauge alignment between the workforce and the credit unions’ current and future needs.
- Ascertain what skills need to be developed for the next wave of leaders.
This whitepaper reports on high-level findings from the 2021 survey and offers three primary action steps, illustrated with case studies, that can help credit unions overcome some of the most critical talent development challenges identified in this research:
- Take a flexible approach to staffing post pandemic.
- Offer multiple opportunities and options for leadership development.
- Introduce coaching and mentoring to improve management performance.
Use this member-only resource to help you embark on your new career.