Linn Area Credit Union
3015 Blairs Ferry Road NE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52402
We are currently seeking a Chief Financial Officer to join our Linn Area Credit Union Team & Family. The CFO works closely with the Credit Union Board of Directors and Senior Management Team to develop and implement strategic priorities for the Credit Union specific to Finance and Loan/Deposit Operations areas with primary focus on driving financial priorities and strength for the organization.
This individual will have the primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, budgeting, implementing, monitoring, analyzing, and managing the financial and deposit/lending operational activities of the Credit Union.
This role will support and actively demonstrate the Credit Union's mission and Core Principles on a daily basis.
- Drive financial analysis for planning and implementation of new products, services, and organization-wide strategic initiatives. Collectively, with members of the Internal Finance Committee, leading recommendations for balance sheet management as well as deposit and loan rates. Remain informed of developments in the credit union industry as well areas of responsibility through publications, professional associations, trainings, etc.
- Ensuring Linn Area Credit Union’s financial activities follow sound financial principles and comply with relevant regulatory entities.
- Provide recommendations to President/CEO and Board for potential improvements to the balance sheet mix and/or income and expense categories, deposit/loan operational initiatives, as well as improvements for products, services, and processes.
- Collaborate with other leadership team member(s) to foster innovation, automation, and continuous improvements to best serve the internal and external membership.
- Maintain a highly qualified staff, sufficient to meet long-term organizational goals as well as mentorship and development of bench strength in catchment area(s).
- Leading and mentoring employee performance, giving and receiving feedback with employees, and completing performance reviews within a prescribed period. This includes coaching and meeting regularly with direct reports to achieve the Credit Union’s strategic goals.
Desired knowledge, skills, and talents:
- Five to eight years of similar or related experience
- A bachelor's degree plus professional certification (CPA preferred)
- Excellent leadership skills, with steadfast resolve, personal integrity, and emotional intelligence
- The ability to motivate and influence others, with a significant level of diplomacy and trust
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills
- Communicate effectively; verbally, in writing, and public speaking
- Advanced knowledge of mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and the ability to associate them to practical situations
- Firm understanding of advanced accounting, regulatory issues and tax planning
To apply please visit: