Community First Credit Union
1575 Dresang Way
Neenah, WI 54956
Chief Lending Officer
Do you have a passion to help people achieve their dreams? We are seeking a bold and innovative builder, someone who will Find A Way; to leading our caring and committed team and our member-owners to build financial security or get back on track after suffering a financial hardship. As a key contributor on our executive team, the Chief Lending Officer is accountable for ensuring CFCU’s long-term success through effective strategic leadership, planning and implementation of business plans focused on delivering exceptional experiences to our member-owners. Reporting to the CEO, the CLO is responsible for the strategic leadership of the Consumer and Mortgage Lending departments, including centralized underwriting, loan processing, servicing, and collections.
- As a member of the executive leadership team, assist in formulating the credit union’s future direction including long term strategic initiatives, annual business plans and budgeting, implementation and monitoring.
- Identify and develop long term lending strategies including portfolio mix, growth strategies, and market penetration objectives through sound analysis.
- Accountable for loan portfolio quality and profitability.
- Set guidelines and policies related to the accurate and timely servicing of CFCU’s residential and consumer loan portfolios, including the production of loan documentation, proper funding and closing processes, and loan servicing.
- Effective performance of lending related services. Ensuring that members are educated and counseled through the lending process. Identify innovative solutions to address emerging threats to service delivery.
- Oversee credit risk management, including collections, bankruptcy, foreclosures, and loss mitigation.
- Participate in budgeting, planning, and continual process improvement.
- Prepare and present results and emerging trends for review/discussion with senior leadership and the board of directors
- Stay abreast of and provide recommendations on new regulatory developments impacting lending policies, product compliance, and loan underwriting guidelines
- Demonstrate effective leadership. Coach, motivate and develop department leaders and staff.
- Lead and monitor centralized lending operations for the credit union, through effective delegation, measured performance management and communication to ensure the credit union meets established strategic and objective goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or similar discipline required; MBA preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- 15+ years progressive responsibilities leading lending operations within a large or mid-size financial institution, including development of credit policy, underwriting standards, and internal risk rating systems.
- 5+ years of executive leadership experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of consumer, mortgage, and direct lending products, credit card, collections and lending operations.
- Extensive knowledge of state, federal and regulatory compliance requirements related to lending.
- Advanced experience in loan pricing, portfolio management, lending, and collections.
- Must have exceptional written and oral communication skills as well as analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills. The ability to motivate or influence others is a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of diplomacy and trust. Obtaining cooperation (internally and/or externally) is an important part of the job and a high level of interpersonal skills are critical to the success of this position. Work frequently involves discussion of problems, material presentations, and resolving issues impacting departments or divisions.
Apply online at https://careercenter.communityfirstcu.org/