San Francisco Federal Credit Union
San Francisco, CA
Do you want to work for a credit union with a distinguished history, offering competitive compensation and an exceptional benefits package? San Francisco Federal Credit Union's story started in 1954 when accountant George Trelut wanted to provide financial security for his family. In support of his fellow city employees, he sought to provide a responsible financial institution where everyone could obtain affordable loans, save money safely, and gain a voice in their own financial experiences. Today, the credit union continues to pursue and foster those same ideals. San Francisco Federal Credit Union invites you to become a part of their rich history and dynamic future as their new Controller. If you are a strong, detail-oriented leader with a solid accounting background and well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills, we invite you to apply for
The controller reports to the Chief Financial Officer and provides outstanding service to members through leadership and administration of the credit union’s accounting operations. The controller ensures adequate internal controls, maintains accurate and complete financial records and prepares timely and accurate periodic statements of the credit union’s financial position.
As the controller, you will oversee daily accounting operations, including accounts payable and receivable, and direct the regular reconciling of general ledger accounts activity efficiently and effectively. You will also be responsible for all monthly, quarterly, and annual credit union financial statements and coordinating all financial areas of the credit union to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles. Other essential functions and responsibilities include the following:
- Prepare monthly ALCO packages and quarterly Finance Committee packages.
- Manage the bi-weekly payroll and benefit reconciliation
- Prepare the quarterly NCUA Call Report Production of all internal, audited, and regulatory financial reports.
- Serve as the credit union’s liaison with regulatory agency examiners and internal/external auditors. Assist and cooperate with auditors and examiners reviewing the financial accounts of the credit union.
- Oversee cash flow analysis, legal investments of excess funds, and maintenance of liquidity requirements.
- Prepare, implement, and supervise the budget, consistent with the credit union's overall strategic plan.
- Ability to follow applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations that regulate the finance industry, including but not limited to BSA/AML, CPI, and OFAC
- Safeguard the assets of the credit union
- Maintain a highly motivated and well-trained staff
- Other duties as assigned
Candidates must be experts in GAAP and able to analyze statistical and financial data. Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree with academic coursework in finance, accounting, or other closely related fields of study and at least five years of experience in a related field with
similar responsibilities in the credit union or banking industry. A CPA is preferred.