Texas Dow Employees Credit Union (TDECU)
1001 FM 2004
Lake Jackson, TX 77566
At TDECU the Director of Marketing develops and delivers a high impact brand marketing strategy and program designed to drive towards credit union objectives. Responsible for developing and deploying the marketing campaigns that are the face of our organization and drive the organizational goals.
Reports to: VP- Marketing
Location: Houston MSA, relocation assistance available
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Creates, implements, and executes the marketing strategy and initiatives aligned with TDECU strategic initiatives, and ensure the strategy and execution are aligned with credit union growth goals, brand vision, value proposition, and member experience.
2) Partners with product leadership to develop marketing solutions and strategies. Ensures these solutions and strategies are achieving the necessary impact and will result in meeting growth objectives.
3) Act as an internal consultant to business leaders to provide branding and marketing recommendations to assist in the development and introduction of existing or new products and solutions for membership growth and best meet the demands and interests of existing members.
4) Keeps up to date with relevant market conditions, industry trends, and emerging analytics, and appropriately implements this knowledge to contribute to credit union growth, brand awareness, and reputation enhancement.
5) Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance and marketing strategy execution.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent mix of education and experience required. Advanced degree preferred.
Experience: 7+ years of experience in financial marketing, advertising, public relations, product development, or communications management. Experience leading a team preferred. Experience in Financial Services highly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
● Strong leadership ability, including the development and growth of a team of highly capable professionals
● Ability to provide tactical execution necessary to leverage growth opportunities and meets or exceeds our business goals
● Ability to analyze marketing metrics and report on the impact on the business
● Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate professionally at all levels including executive management
● Forward-thinking and creative individual with the ability to perform strategically
● Strong project, time, and resource management and problem-solving skills to deliver projects on-time in a fast-paced environment
● Experience in a collaborative team environment and data-driven culture
● Exceptional member interaction and relationship management skills
● Demonstrated financial marketing performance with knowledge of social media, online communications, traditional media-based marketing, public relations, brand management, and product management.
● Extensive knowledge of marketing across various mediums
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
While performing the essential duties of this position, an employee would frequently be required to stand, walk, and sit. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Texas Dow Employees Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, protected veteran status, sex, religion, disability, genetic information, national origin or other status protected by federal, state or local law. Consistent with the American Disabilities Act, applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process.
For consideration please submit your profile and resume to: