Valley First Credit Union
618 East Shaw Avenue
Fresno, CA 93710
Solicits and develops a wide variety of residential mortgage loans. Spends a significant amount of time on outside sales activities (at least 51% pf the working day). Includes mortgage, home equity loans, etc. Works with realtors and other mortgage referral sources. Primarily deals with direct, single family loans. Typically requires up to 2 years’ experience, bilingual is a plus.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts the loan interview and secures the customer information necessary to initiate a loan transaction. Then provides loan information and service to customers, realtors, and others as needed.
- Receives and screens loan applications; requests applicant credit and mortgage status, banking and personal reference, notifies those applicants not qualified for further consideration.
- Prepares records and reports as requested regarding loan origination and closing activities as needed.
- Responds to inquiries from prospective customers regarding all types of mortgage and construction loans, provides requested information regarding the organizations lending policies and procedures.
- Screens completed applicants; submits those applications qualified for further consideration to the Loan Committee for approval; provides the Loan Committee with additional information as required.
- Requests a personal employment and credit check of the applicant, requests an appraisal on the property and/or construction plans under consideration.
- Cross-sells loan customers products including preauthorized payment plan, hazard insurance, health, accident and life insurance.
- Maintains close relations with others in the banking community, home construction, and real estate to be knowledgeable about property values and to build network of professionals.
- Must comply with all company policies and procedures, applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
Experience with Federal Housing Authority (FHA), Veterans Affairs (VA), and Federal National Mortgage (Fannie Mae), construction loans, bridge loans, Home Equity Lines of Credit (HELOCs), Home Equity Loans (HELOANs) and reverse mortgage loans.
Incumbents are required to maintain their registration active, and current, with the National Mortgage Licensing System throughout their employment. Continuing education may be required, in addition to the successful passing of the National SAFE Test, depending on the level of experience.
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required to be an effective subject matter expert in the position. In-depth dialogues, conversations and explanations with customers, direct and indirect reports and outside vendors of a sensitive and/or highly confidential nature is a normal part of the day-to-day experience. Communications can involve motivating, influencing, educating and/or advising others on matters of significance.
Is responsible for a width of information including but not limited to: the organizations current mortgage loan interest rates, commitment/rate lock/relock fee procedures, consumer loan products/rates/guidelines that are used in conjunction with Mortgage Lending (Execulines, second mortgage products, swing loans, land loans, etc.), MortgageBot and LoansPQ by Meridian Link loan origination software systems.