MADISON, Wis.—Talent development leader CUES and Cornell University have teamed up to bring the Women in Leadership Digital Certification Program to the credit union industry.
“Women typically face unique challenges on their way up the professional ladder, challenges that continue once they are in a leadership position. Women can learn to overcome these obstacles and achieve more in their careers, while still maintaining a balanced life,” said Nicole Morrison, CUES VP/Marketing. “That’s where Women in Leadership, from CUES and Cornell University, comes in. We’ll take a deep dive into typical roadblocks, and look at ways women can perfect smart strategies to mastering strong leadership qualities without being penalized.”
The program pairs eCornell’s award-winning certificate programs with live-taught online classes developed by Cornell University faculty. The course was designed to avoid Zoom fatigue, with self-paced study featuring content from top-rated programs with proven curricula. Attendees will also learn directly from Deborah Streeter, Professor Emeritus, Cornell SC Johnson College of Business, Cornell University, during two online sessions.
“Women in Leadership is an important addition to CUES wealth of offerings, as it helps us fulfil our commitment to DEI,“ said Christopher Stevenson, CAE, CIE, SVP/Chief Learning Officer. “And the course isn’t just for women; men should also attend to learn how to advocate for their colleagues and direct reports.”
Women in Leadership will cover:
- Smart Negotiation Tactics for Women
- Navigating the Double Bind
- Using Emotional Intelligence to Drive Results
- Giving and Receiving Feedback
- Outsmarting Work-Life Balance
Like all CUES and Cornell certificate programs, Women in Leadership was specifically developed for the credit union industry.
“We are proud to continue our long-standing partnership with CUES with these innovative blended learning programs,” said Paul Krause, Vice Provost, External Education/eCornell. “In today’s rapidly changing environment, the combination of online courses and tailored live instruction can deliver learning to CUES members in a way that has a lasting impact.”
The innovative course starts March 16 and runs two months. Women in Leadership is available to everyone in the industry, but CUES members receive a significant discount on the registration fee. Additional features include:
- Ivy league executive education with no time out of the office.
- Live segments customized for credit unions and taught by esteemed Cornell University faculty
- Defined start and end dates with structured flexibility allowing participants to work at their own pace
- Courses developed by instructional designers from Cornell and CUES, resulting in more effective learning, a better overall experience, and better outcomes
- Curriculum designed very specifically and purposefully for the credit union industry
- The ability for attendees to earn a professional certificate to demonstrate your expertise
CUES is the leading talent development solutions provider for credit unions in North America. We educate, develop and support credit union CEOs, executives, directors, and emerging leaders through partnerships with premier business schools, live and online events, digital learning, networking, and premium content. With over 35,000 members and growing, we measure success one leader at a time.
# # #