We are closely monitoring the Kilauea volcano situation, and we’re pleased to report there is no reason to change travel plans, and no reason to consider changing the location of Directors Conference.
Of note, the location affected by the volcano, lower Puna, is 100 miles away—a two-hour drive—from the Hilton Waikoloa Village, where the conference is taking place.
You can find out more information by reading Volcano Facts; Meet Hawaii, Hawai‘i Governor David Ige: “Travel is Safe to the Hawaiian Islands,” Island Of Hawai‘I Volcano Update: What You Need To Know and Island of Hawaii - Kīlauea Quick Facts.
You may also find this map showing the area affected by the volcano of interest. The airport, Kona International, is located on the west side of the island, and the resort is north of the airport.
We’ll continue to post applicable updates as they become available.
A Meeting of the Minds
Board members from the movement’s top credit unions gather annually at Directors Conference to learn, communicate and grow as leaders and decision makers. For maximum benefit, boards are encouraged to attend as a group. . It’s where:
- World-class business education fosters critical thinking skills
- Theory meets application to support comprehensive, effective governance
- Attendees accrue ideas, strategies and peer relationships to take home
You’ll gain a deeper and broader understanding of industry trends, enhanced skills and new approaches to governance—critical competencies for 21st century credit unions.
Don’t miss these opportunities:
- Enrich your conference experience by attending the pre-conference workshop, “The Credit Union Board 2020,” led by Les Wallace, President, Signature Resources, Inc.
Take a video tour of the recently renovated Hilton Waikoloa Village!
Register soon! Rates increase $400 after October 18, 2018.
Increase the value of your attendance by adding the pre-conference session!
Who Should Attend
This event is ideal for:
- Board chairs
- Board officers
- Supervisory committee members
ALL CANCELLATIONS MUST BE IN WRITING. (email@example.com)
- Prior to 60 days – full refund
- 31-60 days before start of event – 50% refund
- 0-30 days before start of event – no refund
Substitute attendees are welcome, subject to eligibility. CUES reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the event due to unforeseen circumstances, and will refund fees if the event is rescheduled or location is changed and you are unable to attend.
Attendees can earn continuing professional education credits. This conference meets the following standards:
- CPE credits: Earn up to 14 credits
- Program level: Overview
- Delivery method: Group-live
- Field of Study: Business Management & Organization
- Prerequisites: None
- Advanced Preparation: No advance preparation is required
Credit Union Executives Society (CUES) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.